Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Worst Injuries

Thanks

One moderate concussion in primary school from a jackass kid basically DDT'ing me on the concrete (it wasn't a fight or anything, he just ran up from beside me and went for the leaping headlock). Probably a couple undiagnosed ones since then from wrestling training.

Other than that, I nearly broke my ankle once. Was getting over a 10 foot chain fence (for work, so it was all legal) and slipped. Ended up getting hung by one foot - still don't have full mobility back in that leg, can't get my knee forward worth a damn.

Also nearly lost one ball but that story isn't half as amusing or terrifying as it sounds.

edit: I'm also missing 3 toenails from injuries/surgery to fix them. Relatively minor though. Except for the time they forgot about the local anaesthetic. That kinda hurt.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 14th-June-2013 at 08:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

broke my arm when I was 3, broke a window, and cut my other arm when I was 11, nothing too serious I guess, crashed a few ATVs, been knocked out, cracked a rib.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Punched the window, had 4 stitches on right hand in Feb this year.

Thanks

Shattered right femur. Required metal plate in my leg for over a year, has since been removed with the exception of 2 screws and a pin that the bone grew around, which will be stuck in there for life. It still randomly clicks sometimes, fucking painful man.

Thanks

I broke my metacarpal (index finger knuckle bit) bone in an enthusiastic fist pump a couple of years ago.

Thanks

Luckily I never injured myself critically, but back when I was like 12 or 13 years old I did a bad jump from a height place playing in my backyard and a hurt my hand pretty bad (I tried to hang on something to avoid the fall and that result in a nasty large cut in the middle of my hand).
    Sounds worse than it was... I walk out from the local first aid clinic with five stitches tho :/

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has,
    that's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature"

angelboy77777 Guest

I fell down the stairs

Thanks

Lets see, when I was seven I was playing hot lava floor and put my foot through a glass table, needed 13 stiches. When I was 13 I got hit by a car and broke both bones in my right calf.

Thanks

My face is a magnet for pain. There is a dent in the upper right part of my forehead (not visible due to my hair) that is a little bit bigger than a bee-bee pellet (Or whatever you call them) from when I hit that spot about once a year for 4 years in a row from ages 6-10, and every-time it busted my head open. I don't know if I believe it but supposedly if I hit that spot ever again really really bad and I don't bleed then there is a huge chance that my brain could suffocate from blood, but that was so long ago I don't know if that still applies. I also have a scar under my bottom lip (thankfully also not visible because of my fat lips ^.^) from where I fell down the stairs at age 12 and my top teeth went through that spot, and made contact with the teeth from my bottom jaw. So now I have a scar that PERFECTLY matches my two front teeth. Also one more scar under my jaw (invisible because I keep a beard... Some people think I look weird with a beard, but it covers the scar ^.^) from when I fell off the monkeybar dome and hit my jaw on the monkeybar under me. That one was the least painful, but left the worst scar. Sorry if I disturbed anyone I was just adding to the thread about my personal injuries ^.^

I have also broke my middle toe before and that kind of made it a little twisted and makes it hard to run as fast, but that is not quite so bad in comparison.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a 6in. piece of fiberglass cut through my right palm and a third of my forearm. It happened 2 years ago, near Christmas, as a freak accident involving fixing windows on my old house.
    The fucked up side effect to this is I can't move my hand (not sure if physical or psychological) whenever the temperature gets to be 40 degrees or below.
    At all. It's a but fucked up, knowing I'm severely reduced in cold weather.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

I tore a back muscle lifting weights while doing a light cool-down set. I felt the muscle separate but the pain was delayed by about 20 minutes, was in the shower and suddenly had a pain rush and crumpled up on the floor.

Never figured out what went wrong, I think I looked down while lifting which stressed the back muscle. I was off exercise for a month, now I'm obsessive with proper form and diet :\

Thanks

When I was still in school I worked part-time at a supermarket for extra money, this was..... 8 years ago. So anyway, I was working in the store room between 4 pallets. My colleague was driving the fork lift and accidentally rammed the first pallet, which then rammed all the other pallets together, making them connect and caught my foot/ankle along with it.

The sound of "crushing" is never a good sign, I was already in a lot of pain and to think my bones were crushing just made the whole process 10x worse.

Once we cleared everything, and I got ready to go Hospital, we took a look at the pallets and it turns out my foot was the one doing the crushing those pallets got destroyed hehe.

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

Surprisingly, I've never actually broken a bone.
    The worst injury I've ever had would have to be almost breaking my back when I was 6 years old. For some reason I decided to walk around the upper part of the balcony on the small ledge and tried to balance myself with another friend. Sadly, a bee happened to buzz by me and since I fucking hated bee's I lost balance and fell onto the lower part of the balcony on some stone stairs. My back was extremely red and pulsing with veins, but the doctor said I was lucky to not have paralyzed myself, as breaking a bone in the back would cause that. I did wear a small back brace under my shirt to heal the wounds, though.

Thanks

Worst injury I attained was a triangular deep cut to the top of my hand near the wrist after being bit by a bitch. Actually, the last part is a lie, it was actually my ex who threw an ornamental dog at me and in self-defence, I had raised my arm. Blood was pissing out everywhere and the only sympathy I got was, "Stop bleeding all over my new kitchen units!". 15 stitches I needed. Embarrassingly, I passed out when the stitches were removed. However, the scar is still prominent and it looks like a "V" for victory. I ditched her not long after - she had a temper I just couldn't contend with.