Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Injuries

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Your Worst Injuries

What are the worst injures you ever had?

When I was in fourth grade I broke my wrist sledding down a hill. A week after the cask came off, I broke my leg playing hockey when some kid ran into me during warm-ups. The doctor had to realign the bones in my leg before putting on the cask. That was the most pain I ever experienced in my life!

About ten years ago I tore the ligaments and tendon in my shoulder, which required surgery. Holes were drilled in the bone to reconnect everything but I never fully recovered. I have permanent nerve damage in my hand and cannot lift more then 10lbs above my head.

My worst injury happened last year after having a cyst removed from inside my ankle joint. I started experiencing painful muscle spasms in my leg and my veins were protruding around the foot. A nerve conduction test showed nerve damage in my foot due to the doctor accidentally cutting one of them during the incision. I still cannot stand or sit for more than two hours and have to get shots in my back once a week to lessen the pain.

Thanks
    EP Points

All my injuries have been minor. I've been to the hospital very very rarely.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn you Gezegond lol.

Good thing nothing major has happened to you. I probably had more bad luck than Mr. Glass (Samuel L. Jackson) did in the movie Unbreakable

Thanks
    EP Points

First off, I'm clumsy. I've cut my thumb through part of the nail(should've gotten stitches). Broke ribs falling on the ice, and some damage to my elbow.I've fallen down stairs a couple of times, once on my ass, the other time I landed on my knee. My brother was in a chair and both fell on my foot. I feel bad for Kool aid Man though,because the only bones I've broken is my ribs. Damn.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

As a kid I was riding doubles on a bike, and apparently caught my leg in the spokes of the tire. That broke my ankle.

Also as a kid I managed to have a pot of boiling water poured over myself. My Mom took me to the hospital and they said I need skin grafts and shit. My Mom was like "LOL no, you're stupid, I'm fixing him". She dragged me home and cut up a bunch of aloe vera plants and mummified the affected areas. My skin fucking healed up, aside from a relatively small scar that formed on my wrist due to poor coverage on the joint. Interestingly enough that scar is no longer anywhere near my wrist, it's way up on my forearm, it didn't move as my arm grew.

I don't really remember what either of those experiences felt like. Although as an adult now I'm pretty good at suppressing the feeling of pain. The trick is to convince yourself it feels good, if you know what I mean
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Kid scars move all over the place. As a kid, I got a nasty gash under my left eye, and now the scar is on my forehead. I remember seeing a picture of myself with the gash, so its weird to see where the scar is.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Thanks
    EP Points

I've got a small scar on my forehead from a golf ball when I was in 8th grade. I was in my backyard hitting old shitty balls out into the field behind my house when the ball managed to connect with an old metal fence post (about 3 inches across) and fired right back at me. I ducked in time to where it only cracked me in the forehead. Otherwise I would have probably knocked out several teeth. Had to go to the ER and get stitched afterwards.

My Freshman year in college I was involved in a fraternity stunt that caused me to break my nose. All I'll say is it involved being blindfolded in a wooded area and I was taking commands and was run into a tree on accident. Hazing, I was stubborn and didn't go to the ER since I was a little drunk and underage, so I let it heal and ended up having to get my nose worked on when I got home that summer. (Re-broken and sculpted, and deviated septum fixed).

That's about it - nothing else too serious after that.

Thanks

I fractured 2 arms at the same time while snow boarding. I basically tripped on a tree branch that was covered under snow and I extended my arms out so I didnt land face first. Then I tumbled down the hill for over 50 yards. I was bruised up pretty good too.

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm with Gezegond on this topic. nothing major that i recall though i probably did have to go to the hospital at least once (don't remember)...unless i keep it written down, just about anything not related to gaming tends to fade from my memory. heck, i wouldn't remember my own address if i didn't keep it on hand o.O would a selective memory count? lol don't ask me to remember birthdays or holidays (not that i care about holidays ) as it won't happen

Thanks
    EP Points

When I was about three or four, my feet got caught on one of the steps up to my house, and I cracked my head against our stone doorstep. I had to go to hospital and have a bunch of stitches, but outside of a small Y shaped scar on my forehead, I was fine. Apparently the people at the hospital said I had been very lucky given my age, the extent of my injury, and the fact that head injuries can easily be deadly or permanently damaging even to adults.

Fortunately I've never really injured myself since then. Obviously I've had scrapes and suchlike, but I haven't even broken a bone before. I guess I got all of my bad luck injury-wise out of the way in my first few years of life?

Thanks

I was a thirteen amateur wannabe professional skateboarder. Who had dreams of making millions taming the biggest hills. So I attempted to go down a hill that was a steep half mile long monster on its sidewalk of all places . I decided against pads and helmets because they make you look silly. My friend decided to go first and I followed behind him it was literately about 30 seconds before I was going just a wee bit to fast. I saw my friend bail into bushes behind a transformer and I began to freak out. My skateboard started wobbling so uncontrollably I prepared to crash eyes closed, arms covering head. I flew off into the sun and landed on my right elbow and skinned my arm horribly. I could not bend or sit my elbow on anything for the rest of the summer. Needless to say I retired from skateboarding and put my future career to rest. My friend on the other hand wasn't so lucky and broke his foot. This was before the mainstream use of cell phones, so I had to help him hop about two miles back to his house. This happened to also be the summer that I fell in love with emulation and became an operator at Romster...
    Last edited by alucard; 3rd-June-2013 at 14:24.

Thanks

when i was 5 years old, my little sister was playing with my mothers high heels, she was simply having fun.... til she came into my room and started running around with it near me. she slipped, and it caused the heel to hit me in the head, thus causing a hole in my skull, i fainted when i saw the blood gush from my head. when i woke up, i was at the hospital with a patch in my head. it was painful, but it luckily healed within a year. now i dont allow high heels near me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I stubbed my toe once.

It was awful.

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing football as a child in my backyard which had concrete slabs. went to kick the ball (that was on a raised slab) caught the ball of my foot and sliced a big amount of skin off it. Didn't need to go to hospital thankfully.

Thanks

I broke my left arm falling off a ladder (which was on 17 May 2013).
    HP: 454 / 1816