Thread: Lightgun support for CoinOps 5 revisions

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Lightgun support for CoinOps 5 revisions

Just two quick questions when I mod my xbox: 1, Can it run from dvd-r 2, can it run chd files and if so how? I would love to play carnevil again local arcade closed in 05 only place I could enjoy time crisis and carnevil unwatered down. I know light guns don't work on lcd or flat crt vga monitors so I'm getting ems guns so I don't need help figuring out hey this wont work on lcd just if I can use it on coinops 5 and before anyone says use mame i have all versions and followed instructions to the letter it just hangs and stutters on my laptop [only pc I got] or the mouse is non responsive and crashes my system.
    So in short question will it work or not.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. coinops is mame
    game x working no idea check the compat for it first (should be documented with coinops as I am sure they limited what was supported anyway or there will be a dat file)
    chd files are supported yes again this is documented in coinops
    burned DVD booting yes, though I tend to use DVD+R but this is best done from HDD

I would do some testing but as my xbox is currently not working it's not going to happen
    coinops last I checked does support light guns though, documentation should verify that

Please remember that the xbox is limited to what it can run so trying to run something that is heavy is going to fail on the xbox aswell

In short download coinops and read the information that comes with it, there should also be a dat file as well for clrmame, if you run that via clrmame and scan an empty folder and it will list all the missing roms i.e. it will list all the roms in the dat, best to save a missing txt file from it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks i'll get coinops and check the .dat / how well are the ems top gun 3's I know 2 has a head for xbox and i've seen calibration walkthroughs on youtube but never it actually going from there to gameplay. How responsive and accurate is it? is it worth the 100 dollar price plus shipping?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No light gun is worth that much, but as I don't have one or have ever used one I can't comment on that model too much

However I have had other EMS products and they do seem ok for the most part though they do rush things out, it took them about 2 years to fix issues with there PSX to USB converters, but on the up side they do revise drivers and products until they do work smoothly

You may need to be rather close to your set for the censors to work, probably about as close as you do for the Wii

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The 100 is for new on both their site and amazon but with amazon it drops to 85.97 used very good thanks for the reply I didnt find any info from the read me's but looking at the stuff do the mame roms go in the midwayroms folder?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If no lightgun support is mentioned then there is no lightgun support included

I don't know for newer versions of coinops I had an older version that only supported mame sets, now it supports all sorts of consoles and other stuff but in the version I had all roms in to the roms folder and chd files went into the hdimages folder

I looked at the updated readme and nope can't see any lightgun support listed in there, try asking at the official site though, at least they will know

I know some versions of Mame for xbox do have lightgun support though but I am sure that is only a limited number of games running at full speed on xbox, some of the newer games on xbox don't run too well

Looks like the rom storage is the same in the newer version as well as in roms is used for the mame engine used in CoinOps 5

midwayroms is used for the Final Burn Legends core inside of CoinOps

by the sounds of it CoinOps 5 is no different from older versions for the main part it just adds all the other emulators into it, so what I have individually CoinOps has all together

To find out if any of the other parts do support lightgun you would need to read the documents for those or ask at the CoinOps 5 support site if no one can answer here
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-May-2013 at 11:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

it's not about lightgun this time I need help on getting the udata file with the splinter cell hack onto mu over gs xbox usb cable ive tried through the gs app butit keeps saying error opening help please.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The USB driver only works with XP and under for the Xbox Action Replay/Game Shark

Last time I used an emulated 86 machine with XP installed to use the Action Replay software with the USB to xbox memcard cable, that seemed to work

The emulator I used is called Oracle VM VirtualBox and installed XP in that

https://www.virtualbox.org/

You may need to format the memcard in your xbox aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2013 at 00:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

dont know if you figured it out yet but xplorer360 will read your mu and let you put the exploit files on for copying to xbox.i did it under windows vista.