Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xbox One discussion

i have to say, the xbox 1 really reminds me of the psx that was released only in japan. they both play games and media, they are both like dvr and they both look alike (if someone wants to put up comparason pictures they can). i am just wondering what do you guys think? if anything, i hope they fixed the overheating issues the psx had. not saying they stole it i am just saying they are simmilar like the eyetoy and kinnect are simmiler.

Thanks
    EP Points

How could they have messed up the Name, they should have stuck with the plan:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PSKMSoO6dG...0/sixaxis1.jpg

It was suppose to be XBox360 Tri

X■○△

Anyway, I heard it blocks used games, some way or another, a one time activation or something, so that means it is going to tank.

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched most of the conference, and all I can say is that I'm really underwhelmed. I've not been too interested in what MS had in store anyway, but I did have some hope that maybe their presentation would blow my mind, and it most certainly didn't. For over half the conference all they talked about is how cable TV is integrated into this thing, and that it's basically a fancy HD DVR. with MANDATORY Kinect. If the Kinect isn't hooked up, Xbox doesn't work. They never did address the always on/DRM issue, but with everything on this system essentially being cloud based, you have to assume that it will be always on. Another thing, they said they'll be increasing the number of servers for XBL. Guess that pretty much confirms that we won't get free online gaming and that XBL Gold subscriptions are here to stay.

I think they have a long road ahead of them, and it's pretty clear now that they are more interested in making a multimedia device that plays games on the side. They didn't show any real gameplay footage, just some pretty weak ass trailers. And of course EA was there to say how this system gives a new level of realism to their sports titles (blurring the line between game and reality), then backed that up by showing a shoddy ass sports trailer with cartoony looking character models.

Oh well, I'm sticking with Sony, and will probably pick up the XboxONE a few years into its life-cycle. That's another thing.... the name is terrible.

And last thing, before I forget: Did anyone else find it a bit odd that outside of the focus on cable/dvr shit, that there was a big emphasis on how to integrate your fantasy football league into your xbox account? And after that the 5 games that they decide to show to "sell" you the system are all sports games?? 4 of them were EA (no hockey) and 1 was Forza. It's a pretty stark contrast to Sony who comes out guns blazing with a new Killzone game, and several action/adventure titles.

Thanks
    EP Points

Microsoft needs to work on first party games I think. They have 18 exclusive games, but I bet it will break down into:
    1) overly muscular guy with guns
    2) EA Sports Games/ports
    3) Kinect games

Nothing ground breaking or anything. I think the only ones impressed with the Xbox1 was Microsoft themselves. It seems gamers didn't care, nor the press.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

The more they emphasized the multimedia capabilities, the kinect stuff and all that sports crap, the more they helped me to make up my mind. They gave me no reason to buy one.

Also, no backwards compatibility...

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

it actually really ticked me off. i mean i even couldnt watch it after they even called call of duty legendary. sorry, but for me a legendary game must have an ip as long as pokemon, legend of zelda, mario, tales of series and others.

Thanks
    EP Points

yay, now we have a xbox focused even less on gaming than the 360 and unless i'm mistaken it looks like the console is larger than the 360. *sigh* if i get a new console in this generation it'll be ps4. nintendo has a hybrid console/handheld: pass, microsoft has a oversized dvr that plays games and is the biggest console i've seen in my time (my first console was nes): pass, ps4...i'll look into it later.

seems the console devs want to make multimedia platforms and slowly stop making consoles for games, at least microsoft does anyway. now i just need to wait and see if the "always on drm" rumors turn out to be true or not.

also, we have satellite for watching tv here, we don't need a gaming console to watch tv, thats just stupid but then again tell that to netflix and whatnot

Thanks
    EP Points

Why do they call it xboxone? because you take one look at it and fuck off.

Edit: But yeah the whole locking out of games is a dealkiller for me. Say I want to collection Xboxone in 20 years time (like people are doing with nes games now) and then finding out you can't play any of those games? its not worth it.
    Last edited by Stark; 21st-May-2013 at 22:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Let me quickly steal someone else's joke and rate their conference an Xbox One out of 10.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The more they emphasized the multimedia capabilities, the kinect stuff and all that sports crap, the more they helped me to make up my mind. They gave me no reason to buy one.

Also, no backwards compatibility...
    As long as it isn't always online I'll get one after the price point is lowered. I'm too much of a whore so I can't miss out on like 2-4 relevant exclusives I might care about.

Quote Originally Posted by flava
    with MANDATORY Kinect. If the Kinect isn't hooked up, Xbox doesn't work.
    Well **** that. I'm sure it will end up like my wii, used as little as ****ing possible (the motion controls that is, well kinda the console too, but I just got it recently so...).

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Let me quickly steal someone else's joke and rate their conference an Xbox One out of 10.
    Smashing joke, highly original. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Why do they call it xboxone? because you take one look at it and fuck off.

Edit: But yeah the whole locking out of games is a dealkiller for me. Say I want to collection Xboxone in 20 years time (like people are doing with nes games now) and then finding out you can't play any of those games? its not worth it.
    Is it still "up to the publishers"? I couldn't be asked to watch this shit. Summarize please.

Thanks
    EP Points

in japan its called the no box 1 lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Something else that just struck me is how many current Xbox users (or gamers for that matter) even have a cable TV plan? There's a lot of broke ass gamers out there, and usually Cable is the first bill you cut, since it's always overpriced anyway Hell, almost everyone I know that owns an xbox has cut their cable plan - they all use NetFlix and Hulu Plus to get their TV fix.

Thanks
    EP Points

and the rumor mill keeps on going.

just did a quick google search and got 2 hits for articles on that subject from 3 and 1 hours ago in that order:

Xbox One doesn't need always-on internet connection, supports used games: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...sed-games-work

Xbox One: not always on, not backwards compatible: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ds-compatible/

and whats with the not backwards compatible thing these days? makes me wonder if they're trying to make it as taboo as, dare i say, cheating seems to be sometimes. yes, i cheat at video games and hack single player/offline flash/pc games for fun and that makes me a bad person, pfft screw that all that does is get me complaints about being a cheater on occasion. getting off-topic there so i'll stop for now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I don't want this to get into a debate/discussion about the morality of cheating so I'll keep it brief. I completely agree with you, and furthermore who should care? What if I don't want to grind for 50 hours in an rpg? Yeah I'm gonna cheat, because sure I could grind, but what's the point?