Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    and whats with the not backwards compatible thing these days?
    I don't see what all the fuss is about BC.... Maybe it's because there's a lot of younger gamers around who started on the PS1 or something, but I never had BC games growing up.
    Nes, SNES, Genny, N64, etc - No one seemed to care then,it was just accepted

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its an evil machine that i hope dies a quick death at stores.

http://kotaku.com/that-xbox-one-reve...-huh-509192266
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, they said they are calling it the Xbox one, because they are rebooting the Xbox brand. I wonder why they want to reboot it, since it is quite popular here in the USA, but okay Microsoft.

Thanks
    EP Points

i like what one person called it, the xbone lol or x bone

Thanks
    EP Points

its pretty stupid, basically all they are doing is DLC games and rather than downloading them they give it to you on a disc

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Uhh, that name is fucking stupid. Around here I've heard many people clarify that they're talking about the original Xbox by calling it the Xbox 1. Certainly it's not a widespread nickname, and we can change to "original Xbox", but there's an obvious confusion point. This reminds me of Sony taking the name PSX and being "no no no, you can't call the PS1 that anymore".

Anyways, I really don't care. As far as I've heard it's online DRMed up the wazoo, with license checks every 24 hours. Which prettymuch guarantees every game and console will be a brick in 20 odd years. This looks like possibly the only console I will never buy. Buying myself a CDi first seems much more important. Pretty sad seeing the 360 was somehow my console of choice this gen.

Edit: Dammit, I just noticed we're tagging uploads of original Xbox games for play on the 360 as "xbox1-360". That's going to cause some confusion if we don't clean it up somehow.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 22nd-May-2013 at 16:39.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

The Xbox 1 is confirmed to charge a fee (per game) to run used games, and a connection to the internet will be required once every 24 hours, or the system won't boot. Everyone was butthurt over "Always online DRM", and "No used games" and all they really did was take a small step back from that, but in the end its pretty much the same.

As much hate as the XB1 is getting, I still think its gonna sell more than the Wii-U will. All Microsoft has to do is get an exclusive COD game (They would have to pay lots of $$ to get released on the system at launch and they will sell more XB1 systems in 24 hours than the Wii-U sells in a year.

I honestly looking back at the current gen, at first I never thought people would be content with paying for XBL, when their competitor Sony had free online service. I remember thinking it was a recipe for disaster, turned out people bought it and paid for it anyway. I'm not gonna count the XB1 out just yet.

Personally I'm not buying an XB1 though. Considering its likely 70-80% of the games on PS4 and XB1 are gonna also be on PC, I'm definitely gonna wait a couple years in the generation to pick up a PS4. And Wii-U? I'll just wait for the emulator, even if I'm waiting 4-5 years.
    Last edited by gamerdude21; 22nd-May-2013 at 17:37.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i have to say, the xbox 1 really reminds me of the psx that was released only in japan. they both play games and media, they are both like dvr and they both look alike (if someone wants to put up comparason pictures they can). i am just wondering what do you guys think? if anything, i hope they fixed the overheating issues the psx had. not saying they stole it i am just saying they are simmilar like the eyetoy and kinnect are simmiler.
    *comparison
    *similar

Thanks
    EP Points

oh, so it IS going to be always online and while it'll allow used games, they'll need a fee to work.

...ok, i've said enough on this mess. i'm just going to step back, wait, and watch what happens from now on. maybe it'll work out for microsoft, maybe not, if it doesn't then i'll be able to say "i told you so" in regards to the above being bad moves on they're part.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by vieriroma View Post
    *comparison
    *similar
    *not 9fag

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

blah blah blah.

A million people will still buy it within the first week anyways so everyone can whine and bitch about it and it doesn't mean a damn thing. And I shudder to think how many who have complained will turn around and buy it anyways. Everyone who has the money to afford a new system at launch have a decent internet connection and can afford the games and extras anyways. It's not as if all these things are a surprise either, we've known about the possibilities for years now with the whole DRM and backwards compatible bullshit and so on.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 22nd-May-2013 at 21:46.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gamerdude21 View Post
    The Xbox 1 is confirmed to charge a fee (per game) to run used games, and a connection to the internet will be required once every 24 hours, or the system won't boot. Everyone was butthurt over "Always online DRM", and "No used games" and all they really did was take a small step back from that, but in the end its pretty much the same.

I honestly looking back at the current gen, at first I never thought people would be content with paying for XBL, when their competitor Sony had free online service. I remember thinking it was a recipe for disaster, turned out people bought it and paid for it anyway. I'm not gonna count the XB1 out just yet.

Personally I'm not buying an XB1 though. Considering its likely 70-80% of the games on PS4 and XB1 are gonna also be on PC, I'm definitely gonna wait a couple years in the generation to pick up a PS4. And Wii-U? I'll just wait for the emulator, even if I'm waiting 4-5 years.
    Paying for XBL is a bit different than the shit you mentioned in your first paragraph. That's the kind of shit that actually will stop me from getting this.

I will get a PS4 and a Wii U but I'm not sure on my price point for either yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    blah blah blah.

A million people will still buy it within the first week anyways so everyone can whine and bitch about it and it doesn't mean a damn thing. And I shudder to think how many who have complained will turn around and buy it anyways. Everyone who has the money to afford a new system at launch have a decent internet connection and can afford the games and extras anyways. It's not as if all these things are a surprise either, we've known about the possibilities for years now with the whole DRM and backwards compatible bullshit and so on.
    Ikr...

People =

Thanks

This sums up the Xbox One in 1 minute and 41 seconds. Just TRY not to laugh your ass off.

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23rd-May-2013 at 01:13. Reason: link fixed

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone who hasn't seen this video would be doing themselves a disservice for missing it. I don't usually like Jim Sterling, but he makes a lot of great points here, and some of it's damn funny too.

http://www.destructoid.com/jimquisit...n-254298.phtml

Thanks
    EP Points

I think they want to get the jump on apple, before the Apple TV comes out. I'm sure apple TV will do the same things, so I guess Microsoft is competing with apple, Nintendo is doing their own thing and Sony is fighting off nobody.