Thread: Streets of Rage: Remake

Thanks

Default Streets of Rage: Remake

Hello, has anyone here played SoR - Remake? I installed it back a few years ago on my PC, and it blew my mind! I always wanted a PSP port of it, but it never happened. Only got ported to Xbox and macos systems I think.

*check the download link below of the game (207mb) for windows & other platforms for you to try out!*

If you don't know much about it, have a little read: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

YouTube Trailer:

Download link: http://sorr.forumotion.net/t27-downloads...make-ports

SEGA Controversy: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...of-rage-remake
    Last edited by Gare; 13th-May-2013 at 21:17.

Thanks

I have played it and thoroughly enjoyed it! I did NOT know however that there was a 5.0a which fixed a ton of bugs in regular old 5 so I very much appreciate you posting this. I havn't gone through it in awhile and a new version is a perfect excuse. Not to mention the more people that know about this labor of love the better.

I find it odd that they can post download links to it on the new forum based on the Sega issue. I followed the original versions on the old forum during development and was lucky enough to download it before the links were removed due to said issue, but I thought nowadays you had to get it off piratebay or what used to be demonoid. I spose it doesn't matter where you get it though, anyway thanks again!

Thanks
    EP Points

Streets of Rage is one of my favorite series of all time. I remember reading about the remake project in Play magazine years ago and like Monofthedead, was lucky to download the game before Sega had the links removed. I never knew Bombergames would continue releasing updates. If anyone likes beat 'em ups, I highly recommend SoRR.

Thanks

Yes, I'm still glad the Moderator of SoR site is still releasing newer updates! such an amazing game, hope SEGA just sort something out in the near future. Will want this porting to Android and iOS!

Thanks

Looks cool, I'll try it out later.

Thanks
    EP Points

downloading now and after reading that news article, the reason behind the shutdown of this project seems pretty obvious to me.

yes, game companies support they're fans but when the fans make a big game of they're own the companies decide to flex they're muscles and hand out a C&D. seen it happen before and will likely see it again. >.< oh well, i'll try this after i get some sleep, been up all night, mostly watching anime, so far.

O.O; merciful... oh man, they found a use for Ash (pole dancer in the club) that was a surprise. didn't see that coming but so far this plays exactly like the original games and the new dash attacks when wielding various weapons are a great addition too.

edit: seems this download has a few corrupted audio files to it and its not from bad downloads as i tried downloading it twice successfully and both times came out with the same files corrupted. maybe this could be fixed if someone has the full soundtrack and replaced the corrupted files with clean ones then reuploaded.
    Last edited by treos; 19th-May-2013 at 20:29.

Thanks

Try and download the version 5 from google. Not v5.0a. Just v5 final.