Thread: which is your Favorite killing sequence in God of War series?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default which is your Favorite killing sequence in God of War series?

f you ever played any of the GOW then you will remember its boss killing sequence for the rest of your life.i assure you that sir/ma'am.so which one is your favorite? mine are-
    1.Hercules Battle
    2.Colossus Battle
    3.Sisters of Fate Battle
    4.Zeus Battle (GOW 2)
    sorry haven't played GOW 3 yet.

***also another question is Hercules' strength is UNMATCHED in the whole universe.and he has insane speed/agility,Fighting skills and very wise according to myth.so how come kratos defeats him i still don't understand.i think kratos is no match for him,argghh why did he die?
    and to make things worse seems like santa monica made him a villain.***

Thanks

Excuse me for being off topic and furthermore correct me if I'm wrong as I have not yet played the PSP entries, but you listed Hercules as your favorite battle. IIRC Hercules was only fought against in God of War 3 which you state after your list that you havn't played. I'm mostly curious, did you play that fight and not complete that game on a friend's file perhaps? I know that Hercules is a costume for the second game though.

More on topic, I don't consider Hercules a villain in the series. I think of him more as a tragic bystander. He gets jealous of Kratos for becoming the GOW for killing one God that Hercules believes he could easily do, and if memory serves Herc was tasked with 12 different challenges before being recognized by Olympus so you can empathize with his bitterness IMO.

Even more so on topic, my list!

1. Hydra battle (GOW 1) Why? It blew my mind at the time. In the sense of graphical awesome, scale, and entertaining combat with good variety. It set the bar incredibly high for the franchise right off the bat and I was instantly hooked.

2. Collosus (GOW 2) Why? This boss was the perfect way to start off the sequel. It was a blatant reminder of what was to come: more visually over the top fights that are a blast to watch and even more fun to play.

3. Barbarian King (GOW 2) Why? I always wanted to fight the only man able to best Kratos. Finally getting the opportunity felt like a great reward for continuing to support the series. I enjoyed the sudden-ness of the initial "chase scene" and the looks of the attacks the barbarian used against you. Kinda like a pre-Hades moveset with the souls and all.

4. Posiedon (GOW 3) Why? Fighting on top of Gaia as she moves about was yet another visually arresting moment for an already super eye pleasing track record. Furthermore, fighting an incredibly iconic Olympian was a plus. Then you add the taking on of his hippocampi simultaneously to pile on even more awesome. To top it all off, after you emerge victorious the QTE scene really takes the cake with its memorable first person perspectives during the ritualistic brutality.

Honorable Mention: The Minotaur (GOW 1) Why? Another classic creatue to fight and really solid boss design with the semi puzzle like breaking of the armor in between combat rounds and rodeo QTE's.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

well you are correct i haven't played GOW 3 but i watched the Hercules battle on Youtube and i had a blast. the way kratos kills him was unforgettable. and i agree with you about hydra battle which was simply mind blowing.But i am not gonna watch Posiedon battle on Youtube because i heard from many people its just F***** great and i don't want to spoil that before i play that masterpiece.