Thread: Cannot load ISOs for use with JPCSP for Mac?

Thanks

Question Cannot load ISOs for use with JPCSP for Mac?

First of all, my specs:

2011 MacBook Pro
    OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    4GB RAM

JPCSP Build 3140 (Downloaded from http://www.jpcsp.org/)

So I've read that you have to place the ISOs into a "umdimage" folder. That's great, but I don't have one. I get the 7-zip archive from the official website, and extract it with The Unarchiver. This gets me a TAR archive, which I extract with the Archive Utility (I still have that set as default for TAR files...) to get a single APP file, Jpcsp.app. I've gone through all my Application Support and stuff, but I don't see any kind of related folders (which, how could there be? All I did was drag and drop the app to my Applications folder).

Could someone give me some clarification on how I'm supposed to find/get this folder to be able to use the emulator?

As a side note, I have no doubt that my computer can handle the games. (I'm really only interested in FFVII Crisis Core) I've been been able to play Black Ops fairly smoothly on this machine, even if on the lowest graphic settings.

So yeah, any help on finding that folder would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by TechnoSam; 11th-May-2013 at 02:51. Reason: Clarified Specs

Thanks
    EP Points

You don't actually need to find that folder.
    In the configuration for the emulator, you can change the directory to the place where you keep your iso/cso

Thanks

Sweet! That worked. I'm having some issues actually getting the thing to run, but it could be a problem with my ISO. I decompiled and recompiled some files that I didn't really understand to get an ISO, so I think that's the issue. I'll keep messing with it.

Thanks for the help!

So apparently all PSP emulators for Mac are useless. They can't have sound with the Sony [whateveritwas]. So how is that supposed to work? I couldn't get a single thing to come up on my emulator, the ISO loaded, and it just sat there. I pressed run, but it didn't change anything.

I'm really frustrated with this and am ready to call it quits. Is there any help that you can give me? It seems like no one browses this forum anymore.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 12th-May-2013 at 21:38. Reason: posts merged - please, don't double post, use the EDIT feature

Thanks
    EP Points

PSP emulation still isn't perfect. Just keep on trying with different emulators