Thread: In need of some help with Final Fantasy VIII---->

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default In need of some help with Final Fantasy VIII---->

So I haven't post anything in the forums in a while (which is a good thing) meaning everything has been working great, but I did run in to one (what I think is a) small problem that I can't seem to figure out and I'm hoping one of you all may know what to do.

In the past 4 days (give or take) I have been downloading/backing up, and testing the Final Fantasy series from PS1-PS2.
    All of them seemed to have worked just find, but one I'm having a little problem with and can't seem to fix it.

The problem is that once I start the game it will come to the black screen to show the publisher but in a very "slow" motion, so I just wait it out until it get to the credits. Once it get there its still very slow and pretty shaky (where gamplay would be murder).

I have tried to re-download (two times actually) just in case something happened during the download, but with no success and still does the same thing.
    So I figured maybe it need a different configuration and so I went to here-----> http://ks353422.kimsufi.com/database...sc-u_list.html....... copied what they had in configuration, which I only needed to change "Console Bios Used" to "SCPH7502". Started the game again same deal "very slow and pretty shaky" where gameplay would be impossible or as I said murder.

So any ideas
    Last edited by TheeWARIO; 9th-May-2013 at 03:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What emulator and what version of that emulator are you using?
    What version of the game? NTSC-U, NTSC-J or PAL? The PAL versions are protected so you need a sbi file to work properly in ePSXe...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    What emulator and what version of that emulator are you using?
    What version of the game? NTSC-U, NTSC-J or PAL? The PAL versions are protected so you need a sbi file to work properly in ePSXe...
    ePSXe 1.8.0.
    Game----->http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...c1of4%5D/36904...... I have downloaded 1-4 disk and I have test each one, all four did the same. So I think its something to do with the config, just not sure what.

Anything else you need to know? sorry I forgot to mention this info from the start.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As far I know and if you can use opengl2 video plugin the game should work in ePSXe without issues using the configuration recommended for the game: epsxe sound plugin, pete opengl2 as video plugin and epsxe cdrom plugin.

Anyway did the speed issue happens in other games or just in FFVIII? Did you tried using peops soft driver as the video plugin? Maybe your computer can't handle opengl at a good speed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    As far I know and if you can use opengl2 video plugin the game should work in ePSXe without issues using the configuration recommended for the game: epsxe sound plugin, pete opengl2 as video plugin and epsxe cdrom plugin.

Anyway did the speed issue happens in other games or just in FFVIII? Did you tried using peops soft driver as the video plugin? Maybe your computer can't handle opengl at a good speed.
    Sorry for the late reply I been finishing making a chicken coop outside lol then went to town this evening.

Ok so I tried out FFVIII with peops soft driver as the video plugin strangely enough this was the problem. Thank you for that info.

But here is what I don't understand I changed the video plugin back to opengl2 (which is what I been testing them all with, with no problems except FFVIII) and went to play FFIX and it played just find so why would FFVIII be the only one that can't ??

Again thank you for your help