Thread: Errors(?) when trying to hotswap HDD in Chimp 2.6

Thanks

Unhappy Errors(?) when trying to hotswap HDD in Chimp 2.6

Ok, so I just got a new (new to me) v1.6 xbox. I softmodded it with SID 5.12 via Splinter Cell, using the dual-boot Hacked Dash (XBMC) + Softmod Menu with Virtual C+Eeprom... When I go into Chimp and try to clone from master to slave, I got this weird terminal prompt coming up from the bottom of the screen. EDIT: I forgot to mention that this happens on the screen that says "This will erase everything on the drive" right before it formats the new slave drive, and I click on yes.

IMG_20130507_211246.jpg

I have tried locking/unlocking the slave drive first, I've tried softmodding using the Standard option instead of using virtual c+eeprom.. And I even checked to make sure I actually did take the jumper off to put the drive in slave mode. I know this drive works because it is on the working list, and it worked in my v1.0 xbox that I FRAG'ed a couple days ago.

Does anyone know what this means?

So I was messing around in Chimp again and for some reason I decided to click on unlock master hard drive to see what it says.. then I kept pressing the B button to get out of there, but instead Chimp went ahead and unlocked my master drive for me and now my 2nd xbox is FRAG'ed. FML
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 9th-May-2013 at 00:47. Reason: post merged

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry only just noticed this

I/O errors = drive can't be read, usually bad sectors or it could be that your hot swap has not worked, but I will go with a bad HDD (You do need to be quick at changing the cable IDE over from the CD/DVD drive to the HDD though and make sure it is done while you are still in the main menu)

To check the swap though all you do is use option 1 and make sure the 2nd HDD is picked up correctly... i.e. it is not just showing your CD drive or nothing as the second drive

If you now have an unlocked drive without re-locking it.. that does kinda suck..

If you have a eeprom.bin on that drive though you may still be able to recover it via xboxhdm and an old PC that uses IDE

xboxhdm has a xbrowser option used to copy rename ect from the fatx drive

I can't say I have used it myself though so I don't know if that will work on an unlocked HDD but I would assume it would work
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-June-2013 at 20:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR