Thanks

Default [Solved/Fake] 3DS Emulator

is this legit? ----
    Last edited by Eldrants; 7th-May-2013 at 12:53. Reason: link removed

Thanks
    EP Points

There are zero working 3ds emulators so anything saying it is is a fake
    Love knows no bounds.

As a cryptography and computer security expert, I have never understood the current fuss about the open source software movement. In the cryptography world, we consider open source necessary for good security; we have for decades. Public security is always more secure than proprietary security. It's true for cryptographic algorithms, security protocols, and security source code. For us, open source isn't just a business model; it's smart engineering practice.
    Bruce Schneier, Crypto-Gram 1999/09/15

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's fake in fact none of the roms are good dumps, there are parts of the game roms that we are not able to dump yet. so even if there was an emulator the roms have not been fully dumped yet thus unplayable

The site seems to be some sort of con to make them some cash from adverts/offers that you are forced to go through to aquire the bios image they have (supposed to be a valid 3DS bios image)

The site also say PC and Mac yet there is only the single download

For the sake of it I downloaded this, there are no Mac files contained within so for starters they lie

As I stated there are no good 3DS rom dumps yet they have parts of the roms missing from them because we can't dump them fully yet, DSi games have also never been fully dumped (they are missing the DSi side code so only the basic DS code has been dumped, DSi exclusive games can't be played and DSi enhanced games can only be played in DS mode)

There are programs that can read the parts we have dumped so far, like icons ect but because part of the game data is missing those can't be played via emulator or flash kit

Not sure how the above proves it's fake but I can assure you it is fake

EDIT that vid is a bad example but if you follow what he says though and you download the original vid and step frame it you can see that the vid showing off the 3DS emulator is just a mp4 played through the [FAKE] emulator screen

Seems the same guy also released a FAKE PS3 and 360 emulator with the same sort of go through these offers to download/get password, this is a pure effect to make cash from nothing.

The same guy updated a 3DS emulator running vid and removed the frame that shows the file format played, this is something that is really easy to do, you don't even need to make the basic gui to make a FAKERS emulator vid and you can get greater results if I was really underhanded I could even make a fake console mod video without too much issues, it is a lil more difficult but with todays video effects you can use it's not too hard to do

DON'T BE FOOLED DON'T GIVE THE GUY CASH FROM HIS "OFFERS" THIS IS A CON TO MAKE CASH.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-May-2013 at 11:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

heh thanks and sorry for the link.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No worries

Just remember that the 3DS roms are yet to be fully dumped so there is very little point to having an emulator until we can't fully dump the games to start with

This is not the first 3DS faker and can't see it being the last either (Crown was supposed to be a 3DS flash kit that had footage showing it playing some games that was also fake)

At the moment there is not enough known about 3DS hardware and how to manipulate it, to be able to create an emulator.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-May-2013 at 12:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    No worries

Just remember that the 3DS roms are yet to be fully dumped so there is very little point to having an emulator until we can't fully dump the games to start with

This is not the first 3DS faker and can't see it being the last either (Crown was supposed to be a 3DS flash kit that had footage showing it playing some games that was also fake)

At the moment there is not enough known about 3DS hardware and how to manipulate it, to be able to create an emulator.
    hmm okay. i understand your explaination somehow. i'll take that in mind.

Thanks

Hi, I m trying to download ds games to my computer but it appears that are empty. Can you tell me what I need to have (software on my computer) to download them?
    thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Calvo View Post
    Hi, I m trying to download ds games to my computer but it appears that are empty. Can you tell me what I need to have (software on my computer) to download them?
    thanks
    There's no need to hijack an old thread. You can create your own.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...32#post1585832

Chances are they're compressed but without knowing exactly what's going it's hard to say - are you downloading for use in an emulator or on a DS itself? You probably just need to decompress in which case use 7zip it's free.

Keep in mind the topic here is that there are no full 3DS games dumped or any working emulator for them. If just regular DS then it's ok.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 20th-June-2013 at 19:44.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    There's no need to hijack an old thread. You can create your own.
    closed