Thread: Nulldc v 1.0.0 problems

Thanks

Default Nulldc v 1.0.0 problems

When try to play either Project Justice or Cap VS SNK 2000 the play slow. I have been looking all into the emulator trying to fix it. I try the most recent version and still have this problem. Also I never had this problem before so I don't know what the cause for it. Any help would be appreciated. My specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name SHANAISLAPTOP
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.44, 12/13/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Japan
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name ShanaisLaptop\Shanai's Laptop
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.48 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.87 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 6.95 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 4.42 GB
    Page File Space 3.48 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try using an up to date version

version 1.0.0 is very very much out of date

NullDC 1.0.4 r141.zip

P.S. the slow playing is due to your hardware not the emulator 99% of the time, but it looks like a nice laptop (Not a gamers machine though)

Do the smart thing and buy a Dreamcast, most Dreamcasts can play backups without any tricks or chips

You may also get better results emulating the arcade hardware rather than the console but can't see it

You might also want to remove the nullDC.cfg file if you think it's a setting you may have enabled that is making it slow down if it wasn't before and do use the newer version, so it can use the extra resources of Win7 NullDC 1.0.4 and it's revisions use Direct X 11 older versions don't

Also when you say it was faster before if that was with other games then that is perfectly normal as some games don't require such high machines to emulate smoothly while other game do

NullDC itself is far from perfect to start with aswell

I may be able to help if it worked faster with x game but now runs a bit slower.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-May-2013 at 19:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay I have downloaded the newest version of nulldc and try it some of the slowness has been solved but not completely. For example when playing either Project Justice or Capcom VS SNK 2000 the character's voices sound slow and chippy that when you get into arcade mode or vs any other mode when it becomes slow. When I just into the game that not the problem is at a good speed and it doesnt sound slow it chippy. These same game worked just fine before but not so much.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Take Accurate mode off Options>NullDC settings keep the 3 surrounding options on

Options>PowerVR>
    Resolution Native (640x480)
    Aspect Ratio: Stretch
    Paleted Textures: Static
    Sort Off
    Modifier Volumes Off
    Z Buffer Mode: 24S8 Adaptive or 24FS8
    Tecture Cache Mode: Delete Old

Vsync Off

Options>Aica>
    Limit Speed and Sync or Sync
    Disble anything else
    Config left on default (2048/Sync to audio/Global Focus) [maybe remove the sync option]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-May-2013 at 08:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It seem to work in some way but I change some of the setting you suggested which solve my problem for most games. Capcom vs SNK 2000 is still slow even thought the other games I have are working normally this is still not. I even have also downloaded another copy of the game and that did not help. Also even though this has nothing to do with this my Plasma Sword 2 for some reason doesnt have music playing in the stage only during the character select and attacks sound are there. I know their is suppose to be sound because I have look at videos and saw their was sound. Does this have something to do with the emulator it self or the iso file?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The emulator as I stated before it is far from perfect, speed overall is your machine at fault, the disc image has nothing to do speed, unless it was loading speed, some games do require more power than others, I play all my Dreamcast games on a Dreamcast perfectly

You are expecting perfect emulation from an emulator that is far from perfect

For music you can check the disc image itself by mounting it with Daemon Tools and running ISObuster with the drive, that will let you see what tracks the disc image has and give you the chance to play them, if they don't play then you possibly did not run something called inject that injects the cdi with cdda tracks that are stored outside of the cdi to start with for better compression.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]