Thread: Should I play Persona 2: IS on PSX or PSP?

Thanks

Default Should I play Persona 2: IS on PSX or PSP?

Yeah, so I really wanted to play this game but I can't decide if I should just burn the game and play it on my modded PS2, or if I should just go ahead and buy it for my PSP. What I'm worried about for the PSP version is stuff being censored. But I do like the box and stuff. What do you guys think I should do? Which version is better?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Underrated View Post
    Yeah, so I really wanted to play this game but I can't decide if I should just burn the game and play it on my modded PS2, or if I should just go ahead and buy it for my PSP. What I'm worried about for the PSP version is stuff being censored. But I do like the box and stuff. What do you guys think I should do? Which version is better?
    Lolcensorship. The only real censorship is shades hitler which makes him more badass. And I'm pretty sure you cant play burned psx games on the PS2 which extensive modding (FMCB or Swap Magic)

Thanks

PSP version, you won't regret it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Lolcensorship. The only real censorship is shades hitler which makes him more badass. And I'm pretty sure you cant play burned psx games on the PS2 which extensive modding (FMCB or Swap Magic)
    Actually I have a PS2 Slim that is unmodded that can play burned PSX games. Here's how to do it:

1.Burn your game on a CD-R (I use Memorex) and put in any retail PSX game until the PS1 Logo screen appears.

2.Immediately open the disc cover and remove the retail game and replace it with the burned game.

2a.Make sure to avoid scratching it from the moving disc spinner thing (put in the disc just when it stops you gotta be quick).

If all goes well (it works best with a retail game that is readable aka one that isnt badly scratched) the PS1 logo will disappear as always and baboom your game fires up!
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    Actually I have a PS2 Slim that is unmodded that can play burned PSX games. Here's how to do it:

1.Burn your game on a CD-R (I use Memorex) and put in any retail PSX game until the PS1 Logo screen appears.

2.Immediately open the disc cover and remove the retail game and replace it with the burned game.

2a.Make sure to avoid scratching it from the moving disc spinner thing (put in the disc just when it stops you gotta be quick).

If all goes well (it works best with a retail game that is readable aka one that isnt badly scratched) the PS1 logo will disappear as always and baboom your game fires up!
    oouch, my ps2 will bleed if I do that ^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Huh? I have a modded PS2. Matter of fact I just burned the game and it works fine on my PS2. But what I'm wondering is if I should just keep playing this translated version, or if I should just go out and buy it for my PSP. Can't decide.

Thanks
    EP Points

buy it on the psp, support atlus so they dont do a se or namco thing and not release a game here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Karldaj View Post
    oouch, my ps2 will bleed if I do that ^^
    haha well that's weird. Well if you like supporting people I'd agree on the PSP version since it's already translated and it's portable so why not.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

Not being able to play on a ps2 wouldn't be an issues, considering that you can get the psx2psp conversion of the game and play the original ps1 version on your psp. Also Persona 2: Innocent Sin has a sequel called Persona 2: Eternal Punishment(which takes place in an altarnate universe where different events occur and consequently have different outcomes, also you control one of the lead characters, while the protagonist in the original game becomes a supporting character). The reason I told you this is Persona 2: Innocent Sin had a US release, but Eternal Punishment(Batsou was the Japanese name I believe) never reached the shores. A few weeks ago, Eternal Punishment was released in the NA PSN as a PS1 classic. So here are your choices:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin PS2 (Not recommended, since you may be disappointed with the resolution if you use an LCD TV)
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSX2PSP (Not recommended, since the remake is superior in a few departments, like addition of cool cutscenes)
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP (Recommended, because it's superior and you want to get the retail)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS2 (Not recommended, since you may be disappointed with the resolution if you use an LCD TV)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS1 Classic (Recommended, since it is the best version available, but this is a digital purchase, so forget the box)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP (Not Recommended, since the game doesn't have a fan translation and if you don't know the language it is unplayable)

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by grifterb View Post
    Not being able to play on a ps2 wouldn't be an issues, considering that you can get the psx2psp conversion of the game and play the original ps1 version on your psp. Also Persona 2: Innocent Sin has a sequel called Persona 2: Eternal Punishment(which takes place in an altarnate universe where different events occur and consequently have different outcomes, also you control one of the lead characters, while the protagonist in the original game becomes a supporting character). The reason I told you this is Persona 2: Innocent Sin had a US release, but Eternal Punishment(Batsou was the Japanese name I believe) never reached the shores. A few weeks ago, Eternal Punishment was released in the NA PSN as a PS1 classic. So here are your choices:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin PS2 (Not recommended, since you may be disappointed with the resolution if you use an LCD TV)
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSX2PSP (Not recommended, since the remake is superior in a few departments, like addition of cool cutscenes)
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP (Recommended, because it's superior and you want to get the retail)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS2 (Not recommended, since you may be disappointed with the resolution if you use an LCD TV)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS1 Classic (Recommended, since it is the best version available, but this is a digital purchase, so forget the box)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP (Not Recommended, since the game doesn't have a fan translation and if you don't know the language it is unplayable)

I hope this helps.
    Actually it was the other way around. Innocent Sin was never released in english on the psx, but later got a psp port that was. Eternal Punishment was released in the states during the ps1 days. I should know because I have the game. It came as two discs, one with the game, and the other had a couple of special features. One of them was a trailer for a persona anime and the other was an interview with english subtitles. Also I'm not sure about the compatibility, but recently there was a program out to convert psp isos and eboots to pspmini and psp remaster pkg files. Some games had great compatibility while others won't run.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    Actually it was the other way around. Innocent Sin was never released in english on the psx, but later got a psp port that was. Eternal Punishment was released in the states during the ps1 days. I should know because I have the game. It came as two discs, one with the game, and the other had a couple of special features. One of them was a trailer for a persona anime and the other was an interview with english subtitles. Also I'm not sure about the compatibility, but recently there was a program out to convert psp isos and eboots to pspmini and psp remaster pkg files. Some games had great compatibility while others won't run.
    Oh, sorry about that, I probably got carried away with shin megami tensei stuff and mixed those two and you are absolutly right.

By the way, as far as I know currently psp does not have any problem running those games, you can pretty much play anything you want. Most games that had problems with previous CFWs were fixed (For instance Koudelka).

Thanks

psp version