Thread: Gens: Ram cart not initialized on Sonic CD. Help?

JSpades Guest

Default Gens: Ram cart not initialized on Sonic CD. Help?

No one answered me on the Rom board, so I thought I'd try here.

Okay, I'm trying to get Sonic CD to work on Gens v. 1.91, but after the startup screen (with sonic and the sparklies, and the Sega logo shows), it says "RAM Cartridge not initialized. Use options screen to initialize RAM Cartirdge."

I've tried altering the SegaCD SRAM (I don't know what that is, so I thought it couldn't hurt) in the Options menu (of Gens), but that didn't work. Any ideas?

(BTW, If this is a stupid question, please don't treat me like a moron. I'm not really familiar with emulator stuff, I just use 'em.)

Oh, and can I have a cookie? How I've been craving that cookie...

-JSpades

JTex898 Guest

To setup the virtual ram cart for your Sega-CD/Mega-CD game boot the CD or load your CD image as normal. When the Sega-CD/Mega-CD logo screen appears press the A, B or C button to access the advanced menu and then select the memory management features by moving the pointer to "option" or "memory", depending on the bios version being used. Follow the on screen instructions to format your virtual ram cart then start your game as normal.

JSpades Guest

Whee! Thanks an uberton! Now I can finally play! Yay! ^^

JTex898 Guest

:sunglasse