Thread: Burning ISO's to PS1, PS2, Gamecube and Wii

angelboy77777 Guest

Default Burning ISO's to PS1, PS2, Gamecube and Wii

Hello,

When I burn Ps1, ps2, gcn or wii games onto a CD-R or CD-RW disc, will it work on my system? I have Final Fantasy X downloading atm and I gonna burn that to my clean CD-R disc.

If you answer this question correctly, then thank you!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CD-RW no

GCN and Wii games are DVD
    PS2 games are mostly DVD

All systems need to be modded to read R media

Later Wii models can't read any R media

FFX is a DVD game and can't be burned to CD-R

The only console that does not need to be modded to read CD-R is the dreamcast. (I lie I forgot about the Sega CD/Mega CD)

As a general guide to burning

Always burn at the slowest possible speed and always to good quality media
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-April-2013 at 09:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

angelboy77777 Guest

Instead of burning it to a CD, should I burn it to a DVD?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You still need a way to be able to play DVD-R/DVD+R's the same burning rules apply

for PS2 there is a very nice soft mod that will run most DVD games, depending on the model of PS2 you have depends on if the mod will work and the type of media you can use

Old bulky PS2's stick to DVD-R
    Slim model PS2's DVD+R
    the last model you can't mod with that method

the other option outside of getting a mod chip is Swap Magic that should work with all models and comes with both a CD and a DVD

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

angelboy77777 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You still need a way to be able to play DVD-R/DVD+R's the same burning rules apply

for PS2 there is a very nice soft mod that will run most DVD games, depending on the model of PS2 you have depends on if the mod will work and the type of media you can use

Old bulky PS2's stick to DVD-R
    Slim model PS2's DVD+R
    the last model you can't mod with that method

the other option outside of getting a mod chip is Swap Magic that should work with all models and comes with both a CD and a DVD
    Ok I will softmod my Wii with Swap Magic. How do I get it? Is it available in the Wii Store? Or on eBay?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Swap Magic is for PS2 only and you need to buy the discs

For Wii modding just use ModMii from http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html

Depending on what model of Wii you have and what you want to play on it you will want to install a few other things

For the Wii you will want an external USB HDD to store your games onto, unless you have one the first few Wii versions you can't run software from burned DVD's that Nintendo stopped not long after the first few releases of the Wii

For GameCube from USB on your Wii you will want Dios Mios installed as well

If you want full modding info then make a new thread for each console that you want modding, as you have already been confused in this thread

Sum it up...

GameCube console modded with mod chip or software needs the software on DVD

Wii console mod chipped or soft modded can run from DVD if the model is one of the first few released later releases can only run from USB and the last few don't support GameCube software

PS2 console can be modded in many ways software and modchip depending on the model depend on the best type DVD Writable the last release off the PS2 has limitations for soft modding but still works with the well known SwapMagic disc set (inc. both CD and DVD, no DVD9 support though, so rip kit any DVD9 games)

PSX console depending on the model again there are several modding options, mod chip is the best option, but you can buy swap discs (various named ones) or a back port mod for older models, you burn all games to CD-R
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-May-2013 at 09:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

angelboy77777 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Swap Magic is for PS2 only and you need to buy the discs

For Wii modding just use ModMii from http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html

Depending on what model of Wii you have and what you want to play on it you will want to install a few other things

For the Wii you will want an external USB HDD to store your games onto, unless you have one the first few Wii versions you can't run software from burned DVD's that Nintendo stopped not long after the first few releases of the Wii

For GameCube from USB on your Wii you will want Dios Mios installed as well

If you want full modding info then make a new thread for each console that you want modding, as you have already been confused in this thread

Sum it up...

GameCube console modded with mod chip or software needs the software on DVD

Wii console mod chipped or soft modded can run from DVD if the model is one of the first few released later releases can only run from USB and the last few don't support GameCube software

PS2 console can be modded in many ways software and modchip depending on the model depend on the best type DVD Writable the last release off the PS2 has limitations for soft modding but still works with the well known SwapMagic disc set (inc. both CD and DVD, no DVD9 support though, so rip kit any DVD9 games)

PSX console depending on the model again there are several modding options, mod chip is the best option, but you can buy swap discs (various named ones) or a back port mod for older models, you burn all games to CD-R
    I will try to get a copy on Swap Magic for my PS2 and figure out the ModMii installation by myself. Thanks for helping me!