Thread: Lightgun Malfunctions in genesis plus gx

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Angry Lightgun Malfunctions in genesis plus gx

Hello I'm playing Snatcher on genesis plus gx and every time I start it I calibrate the konami justifier [emulated] wiimote before returning to game and the actual shots are not where I point the cursor. Can anyone tell me how to fix the anoying problem I'm tired of getting killed by those little spider things at the beginning.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to everything console

Try again also make sure you have an updated version of the emu

I quickly read up on this and it was not exclusive to emulation this happens on real Sega CD hardware to solve this though....

Not only did I solve the problem, I've now finished Snatcher.

To fix the problem, you just have to turn up the contrast & brightness the the TV -- the justifier requires a lot more "bright" than either the NES, Sega [Master System], or later Guncon2.

Also, that was one of the greatest games I have ever played -- no wonder the fanbase is rabid! I think I might have joined said fanbase, in fact.

This game ends leaving room for a sequel. It NEEDS one, I think. I mean, WOW.
    source = http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...un-in-Snatcher
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-April-2013 at 13:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I found that too but I don't have a genesis cd addon or justifier YET I use the latest that i know of genesis plus gx 1.4.3 emu on the wii so I don't know if increasing my hd lcdtv's contrast will work. I reset the emu and re center the crosshair and shoot at the center of the target with the wiimote but when I play the game and test it in the practice range the gun crosshair has to be pointing just on the the area where the top line of the box is to shoot in the center.
    The SEGA cd drive bios is v2.0 1993 running on a black gc incompatible wii and I used both reg generic wiimte and the motion pls that came with it both do the same thing.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Test out other games I have a feeling it is just that game that's why I pointed out it does the same with real hardware

Light Gun functions in genesis plus gx are fine from what played (that was ages back though, been on the PS3 more recently)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It work perfectly on lethal enforcers untill I beat the bss of stage 1 then it just hangs at loading but other than that the light gun's aim is dead center.

One question a bit off topic; on a soft modded original xbox on its sega cd emu neo genesis can i use the light guns for xbox on the one with this game or is it like ps1 nes emu incompatible? [Sorry about double post having trouble with my pc at moment.]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2013 at 12:21.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No double posting here use edit post instead (I'm sure you have been told that before...)

Myself I don't remember seeing light gun options that and I use a HD TV that does not support Xbox Light Guns

P.S. do you never read the docs that come with these?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2013 at 12:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes I do on most others are in this garbled mess.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    Hello I'm playing Snatcher on genesis plus gx and every time I start it I calibrate the konami justifier [emulated] wiimote before returning to game and the actual shots are not where I point the cursor. Can anyone tell me how to fix the anoying problem I'm tired of getting killed by those little spider things at the beginning.
    it is actually a bug with in-game calibration: if you do not calibrate the gun in-game, it will works fine and aim perfectly by default but as soon as you try to calibrate the gun, vertical position will be off by a few lines next time you enter practice room or in-game shooting fights.

The problem is that the calibration routine assumes the centre of the target is at line 128 when it is actually at line 104 on screen, hence the vertical offset when shooting in-game (and perfect aiming in calibration screen)
    I guess it wasn't really a problem with a real gun because you didn't have a cursor like with an emulator and you would naturally compensate the imprecision of the gun after a few missed shots

It work perfectly on lethal enforcers untill I beat the bss of stage 1 then it just hangs at loading but other than that the light gun's aim is dead center.
    lethal enforcers works fine, I actually finished it once
    However, you should make sure you are using a valid disc image with correct audio tracks (preferentially cue+bin); otherwise the game will indeed hangs scrolling after the first boss because it waits for a specific audio track to finish or to reach some specific point.
    Last edited by eke; 6th-May-2013 at 21:27.