Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Wii wiiflow and usb loader gx errors

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Black Wii wiiflow and usb loader gx errors

Hello wii community I just got a flat bed black wii today, I got both homebrew channel to run along with 4 emulators but I can't get it to read a usb stick.
    The white one my parents own can read it and yes it's been formatted to wbfs and both loaders mentioned in the title say the same thing cios 222-249-250 needed to run properly can not find usb device.

Also can it read dvd+r already know it can't read -r's.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Format it with fat (find a guide for that as windows will fail for that, I have gone through that on a few forum posts here so just have a quick look) not wbfs and nope not all usb sticks are readable

Nope all dvd media is out of the question except for iriginals it was only the few few Wii's that can read both DVD-R's and DVD+R's

P.S. sorry didn't have time to look up the info for you at this time just got up and about to go out

EDIT: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83529 has the forrmatting tools and information FAT32 + 32kb clusters (Windows itself can't do this as the cluster size is wrong)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-April-2013 at 08:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks, So what you mean is that I may have to buy a new usb stick?
    Also do the games have to be in wbfs format or can I just stick an iso file on an wbfs drive?

EDIT: wiiflow detects usb1 but says there's no games on it. I have two games on it in iso format on the wbfs drive using wbfs manager.
    Last edited by soratron; 12th-April-2013 at 08:59.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Format the drive as I stated then try again and best to use wbfs format so you can still use wbfs manager for the Wii disc images they get compressed that way (actually the junk is removed from the images rather than compression), wbfs manager will still see the USB stick as well it will just create a wbfs folder on there

If the games are still not seen then no don't buy a USB stick buy a USB HDD instead, USB sticks are a waste of money and time, they are far too small and compat is too various, a USB HDD can store a lot more saving time and they are cheaper when you look at how much they cost per storage size so saving you money

WBFS drives can only store Wii games in wbfs format, FAT32 drives (formatted correctly) can store Wii games in wbfs, iso and ciso format as well as emulated nand and as many wad installs as you like and saves, emulators and roms (GC games if you have a GC compatible Wii, that by the sounds of it you do not, you can tell though if it has 4 GC ports for pads and 2 GC memcard slots then it will work with the few GC side mods to play games from USB or SD)

the reason for Nand emulation is because it is really easy to fill the Wii's real Nand memory that is rather limited in size but using emulated nand gives you as much space as you have free on your external USB drive
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-April-2013 at 09:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The problem for me on this is it worked on parents white wii from uloader but I can't get it to come up on mine I know the iso works I plaued RE DSC on it. but on mine I just get a black screen.
    And from reading -trolling around 've come to the conclusion that wiiflow only works with hdd. I tried fixing it to let me install from discs to usb1 and it kept crashing now it says cios not found dx2 ios 249 blah blah. Anyway to fix it or get uloader to work?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Format the USB stick as I have said (3 times now)

Use http://modmii.zzl.org/ to mod your Wii it will update everything you need (GC compat is done seperatly) then your USB loaders should work

Again re-format the USB stick

Try reading my posts harder or taking the advice.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-April-2013 at 13:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I read your post and formatted to both nfts wbfs ad fat32 wiiflow actually crashed with an error every time I start it and usbloader gx still says looking for HDD 29-0 press B to skip.

It's A new black wii that when I made a nand backup it show two blocks were errored and bootmii/as ios 249 and that wont work its the wii without gc ports.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

did format the fat32 with 32kb clusters??

the bad nand block are nothing to worry about that is perfectly normal

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's in fat32 32kb, now what oh gurru of wii wisdom? Do I format it again to wbfs so the iso file can fit on it or what I'm lost now.

I used wii backup manager usb stick fat32 32kb file system allocation and usb loader gx still says cios needed to run properly can not find usb switching to wii channels and reinstalled wiiflow usb1 not an option in partition option.

I've tried everything so I'll just get an ext hdd and try that.
    Last edited by soratron; 13th-April-2013 at 09:43.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like I said use wbfs format with the wbfs manager

Only one usb port works anyway that would be the one closest to the edge of the console or if the console is flat then it's the lower usb port

I only really tested one USB stick and that never worked, but every USB HDD I have used has works (those have all been WD ones powered by a wall socket rather than USB but I have heard others use USB powered drives, wall sockets powered ones are cheaper though, my 2TB WD drives cost apx £70 each, they are standard sized drives so they are not slim drives or anything and are powered by a wall socket plug)

Out of interest what did you use to format the USB stick to Fat32 with 32kb clusters as most format software will only format Fat32 with 64kb clusters

WBFS format will split the files auto automatic when installed onto Fat32/32kb clusters, there is no advantage to using raw ISO format infact it has limitation of what it can be stored onto

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The normal windows format option.
    When I take the sd card out in settings menu it lets me select usb1-8 does that just mean partition?
    I've got an sd-usb converter I'll download new super mario to test and see if I can get it to run from there then let you know if that works cause I think mine can only read it because it in FAT only not fat32 or wbfs.

EDIT: It works [sorta] from sd card the nsmb shows up via the case thing but when i try to start the game i get this errgame4 message and my wii freezes, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong now?
    I fixed the errgame4 now i just get a black screen.
    Last edited by soratron; 14th-April-2013 at 08:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The normal windows format option does not work I already told you that

Try using the free tool found in my other thread http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83529 and set the format info to Fat32 with 32KB clusters by default it is set the 64KB clusters so you do need to change that

Newer versions of Windows can't format to Fat32 with 32KB clusters it will only do 64KB clusters that does not work the drives can be read but you can't run Wii software from them unless the cluster size is 32KB or under (don't set it less either just stick the 32KB clusters)

If setting the format to Fat32 with 32KB clusters still does not work then yes go buy a USB HDD or if you happen to have internal HDD's around you can get USB/Power connections for those or an external case and use an internal HDD

P.S. what game are you talking about... infact don't tell me untill you get the drive formatted correctly and try again but if that does not work and the other method does but just to a black screen then tell me what game you are talking about as some games do need special settings... P.S. are all the hacks actually installed correctly via ModMii or did you ignore that aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-April-2013 at 09:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've given up on the usb stick it just won't work I think since it's an hp flash stick so I'll use a 16GB sd card or the ext hdd I removed the wii installed stubs Now usbloader gx doesn't says I need these to work so I'll get the hdd If I want usb But can you tell me now How to fix the black screen in wiiflow the console still responds to reset and shut off but the wiimote turns off. The game is new super mario bros wii I click start and it just hangs at the black screen.
    Any reccomeded settings would be welcomed too.

EDIT: After installing cios 222 Uloader works With usb In wbfs but sd card is still the only thing my wiiflow reads.
    Last edited by soratron; 14th-April-2013 at 11:44.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

New Super Mario Bros shouldn't need any fixes with the newer versions of the USB loaders (I use USB LoaderGX myself out of preference but they all work much the same anyway)

Older Loaders needed the 002 fix enabled so you can try that

Other things older loaders needed was cIOS 38 rev 14 or higher and to use an alt dol with some loaders as well if the loader supports alt dol loading

P.S. 16GB isn't a lot of space some games are around the 8GB size even when in wbfs format, you will want at least a 300GB HDD to get a decent collection of Wii, homebrew software and roms on there, 16GB will store apx one of the bigger games and few small games and a lot of time to remove and replace games as and when

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ok thanks.