Thread: Pokemon Rumble on Dolphin - Can't use GCN controller

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Pokemon Rumble on Dolphin - Can't use GCN controller

Don't know why. I disconnect the wiimote and the controller for port 1 is plugged in. It supports the GCN controller since there are options for the rumble feature.

I'm using dolphin 3.5-1161 (I prefer the new-ax-hle over the old buggy one).

I can get the GCN to work for Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity [PAL] and Sonic Colours [PAL], but not this game.

EDIT: If it helps, this game is wiiware.
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 9th-April-2013 at 22:51.
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Click the thanks button if I helped in any way!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WiiMotes have rumble as well you know

As it happens the Disc version of this game does support GC controllers but not sure how you would do that in dolphin

How are you disconnecting the Wii Motes??

I would hazard a guess that just taking the batteries out isn't going to cut it so the emulator needs to be told that the Wii Mote is no longer connected as it will still be connected to the driver even if the driver is not running anything

Lots of Wii games don't require you to disconnect a wii mote for GC pads to work you just set the game itself up to use them while others like Resident Evil 4 and this game need to the Wii mote to be disconnected after the game starts

It may be that the WiiWare version does not support GC pads though, but the built in manual should tell you that

EDIT the WiiWare version also does have GC pad support as well as Classic controller

P.S. still don't get why you emulate this system
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-April-2013 at 11:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    WiiMotes have rumble as well you know

As it happens the Disc version of this game does support GC controllers but not sure how you would do that in dolphin

How are you disconnecting the Wii Motes??

I would hazard a guess that just taking the batteries out isn't going to cut it so the emulator needs to be told that the Wii Mote is no longer connected as it will still be connected to the driver even if the driver is not running anything

Lots of Wii games don't require you to disconnect a wii mote for GC pads to work you just set the game itself up to use them while others like Resident Evil 4 and this game need to the Wii mote to be disconnected after the game starts

It may be that the WiiWare version does not support GC pads though, but the built in manual should tell you that

EDIT the WiiWare version also does have GC pad support as well as Classic controller

P.S. still don't get why you emulate this system
    I like to test stuff out as a general answer to your P.S. and I know about the wiimote's rumble too unfortunately it's not in this game

It's an emulated wiimote so I go to Tool->Connect WiiMote 1 (which connects on booting and loading of the game so it disconnects it instead)

When I do what I just did, there's an on-screen message saying "Disconnected Wiimote 1". I did it to make sure that the Wiimote doesn't interfere and make the game use the Wiimote instead of the GCN controller.

There's no in-game option for the GCN controller to be used unlike in the two games I mentioned where I set it up.

EDIT: It's an emulated Wiimote since I don't have bluetooth and I won't get the dongle when it's only going to slow down dolphin and make it harder to use
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol still get why I test on the real system at least you get accurate results but don't let that bother you, each to there own

I guess they have not emulated that feature for games that require the Wii Mote to be disconnected after you start a game, then the connected GC pad would be auto detected instead of the Wii Mote

I don't remember if this is really needed or not but I tend to do this anyway, that is make sure the GC pad is hooked up even before I boot a Wii game that works like this for GC pads once booted then I just remove the battery pack and it switches to GC pad control (I may of removed and re inserted the GC pad though after as well, it has been a little while since I used my Wii mind and even longer since I had Resi 4 out)

This is not just for that game either there are a few that operate like that for GC controllers, but off the top of my head I can only name Resident Evil 4, it is memberable because it doesn't even say on the box or the manual that you can still use GC pads, plus it's a game I would play and I own it on disc, I still like the Wii Mote for that game more than the GC pad but have played it both ways
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-April-2013 at 18:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably I can't use the GCN controller because it was a bad dump I got off the net

I'm still to go get another real GCN controller (since my old one broke) so I can't test it on my wii