Thread: emuparadise noob needs help

Thanks

Default emuparadise noob needs help

well, to put it bluntly, im a noob and i need help.
    while i was trying to download legend of dragoon, i noticed something odd. something that no other ROM/ISO site that i know of has.
    its disks seem to be broken into seperate parts. i have no idea why this is, but seeing as all of the first links on each disk have exactly 50 MB of info on each, i made the inference that they are a set and that i cant play the game without each of the downloads. my question is: do i need just to download them, then unzip like always, or do i need to combine them with some kind of program before they are of any use to me? what's the deal with that?
    here is what i mean: http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/psx/T...0of%20Dragoon/

eh. forget it. i'll just look for it on a different site.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 9th-April-2013 at 15:36. Reason: please, don't double post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes you need all of them. Just unzip the first file and it will automatically put the whole thing together while decompressing. Sure you could go to another site, but why would you want to?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Yes you need all of them. Just unzip the first file and it will automatically put the whole thing together while decompressing. Sure you could go to another site, but why would you want to?
    Another thing is that it usually comes up .001, .002 etc. so 7-Zip and HJSplit (or anything else out there) are required to combine.

I can't seem to be bothered to go onto another rom/iso site. EP just has amazing download speeds in my area and I spend less time getting the game out of the archives (usually about 30 mins less)
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Click the thanks button if I helped in any way!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try this section instead. It looks like you somehow got into the OLD psx section, the newer section is much simpler.

The download for the first disc is one link, 216MB, in .rar format. You will need WinRAR or 7zip, and may need ECMtools if you get a .ecm file out rather than a .bin/.iso/.img file. Luckily, links to ecmtools are provided before you get to the game file itself.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use the new section as skullpoker said

I would go with 7-zip, WinRAR is good but only if you have it set up correctly

Guides you may need for ecm files and ape files
    ECM and APE guide Uses free tools, tools are linked inside the guide, including 7-zip

Guide for converting CD images for games that have CDDA stored outside the main disc image, those games that come with wav files or ape files that need converting with guide above
    Convert to bin+cue Uses free tools, tools are linked inside the guide

The reason for the CD image convert to a single bin+cue is so ePSXe can run the game directly (ePSXe can't handle separate cdda files and a data file so the cdda tracks need to be stored together with the data track in a single bin or img file with a cue file to tell ePSXe or any other software what tracks are inside the main bin or img file)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-April-2013 at 17:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Try this section instead. It looks like you somehow got into the OLD psx section, the newer section is much simpler.

The download for the first disc is one link, 216MB, in .rar format. You will need WinRAR or 7zip, and may need ECMtools if you get a .ecm file out rather than a .bin/.iso/.img file. Luckily, links to ecmtools are provided before you get to the game file itself.
    all i did was google'd "legend of dragoon psx rom" and that was one of the hits i got. all of the other hits i got on the front page gave me iso's that wont load properly in the emulator. it just gives me a red circle with a line through it when i try to load it in psx

also, while im at it, i have this other one that came with all the disks included, but they're in .PBP files, so i have NO idea what to do with those
    Last edited by tyranim; 9th-April-2013 at 23:01. Reason: added query

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tyranim View Post
    also, while im at it, i have this other one that came with all the disks included, but they're in .PBP files, so i have NO idea what to do with those
    All I know about pbp's is that they are PSP executables, usually for things like firmware updates
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Click the thanks button if I helped in any way!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    All I know about pbp's is that they are PSP executables, usually for things like firmware updates
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranim View Post
    .PBP is also the format that psx games need to be in in order to play them on a PSP. If you really want to you can convert them back to ISOs using a program like "PSP ISO Compressor". I've never personally encountered the red line and circle thing before.

Thanks

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(Disc_1)/52339

ok, so i went to the link that skullpoker provided (the first one) and i followed the steps the page gave me to get to the game i wanted. i eventually came to the link above. i scrolled down to the download links and i downloaded the pakkiso thing and was ready to follow the steps it provided right there. so i downloaded the game and unzipped it. but now i dont know how to "unECM" it. i rick clicked both the zipped file and the unzipped file, but niether of them come up with the "unpack iso" command that the instructions said. all that came up was the usual winrar extract commands and the basic default commands that come with windows. i appologize if i seem a bit impatient. it's just i REALLY liked this game when i played it as a kid and i would love to get back into it

edit: i decided to download the ecm tools thing instead because it seemed easier. i then found out that i need only to drag my ecm game file over the unecm file. it's in the process of decoding now. so i THINK im in good condition now

edit 2: it decoded successfully and i now have the iso for disk 1. but i just tried to load it on psx as usual and... as usual, i get that same black screen with a red circle with a line through it. ... maybe something is just wrong with my psx program?

edit 3: sorry if im annoying any of you with all the edits XD, but the circle image only shows up when i try to load legend of dragoon and ONLY legend of dragoon. none of my other cdimages give me the error screen. just that one. i can play all of my final fantasies, chrono cross, einhander, etc. it's JUST legend of dragoon. so i dont know what the problem possibly could be.... unless all of the sources i've used so far have the same exact file, just named differently?
    Last edited by tyranim; 10th-April-2013 at 00:12.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lod requires special fixes in certain emulators, the fixes are usually in the video plugin and some sound plugins as well depends what you use

PS you would of saved yourself lots of trouble if you read what I linked
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-April-2013 at 10:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Lod requires special fixes in certain emulators, the fixes are usually in the video plugin and some sound plugins as well depends what you use

PS you would of saved yourself lots of trouble if you read what I linked
    ..................... :I well..... f***

yeah. i figured as much, but i was getting too antsy to just hurry up and play the game. entirely my fault for being impatient