Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Some Playstation games will not work with analog turned on, in ePSXe you can tap F5 to toggle this on/off

Pressing the analog button on the pad does not change the settings in the emulator, hence pressing F5 does that instead

Best to keep analog on the pad itself set to on

Make sure the pad is hooked up before you start the emulator

It is mostly the older games that don't support analog though

I would also stick to the corded controllers I can't see the adapters working with wireless controllers

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

okay let me try to reword this none of the controllers work wired or not i can't put any input of any kind when you go to configure the controls in the emulator there is no response i have a variety of controllers its only not working with my new desktop but was fine on my crappy laptop now it has nothing to do with games because i haven't been able to use the controllers so i haven't played at all and theres the same issue with the gamecontroller.exe no response from the controllers both it and the emulators register the usb is connected and the computer even sees it so whats the reason no controller will work

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the drivers in this thread are just for rumble they are not for the controller's controls

the controller's drivers should of been auto installed as a HID device, check your device manager for the controllers and update the driver/choose the driver used and make sure it is using HID

this is the reason we do not like members posting in others threads, your driver issue is totally unrelated to this thread

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i only posted due to the first post i was lead here while searching for drivers so basically i have no drivers none were auto uploaded from it is it possible to take the driver info from my laptop and transfer it if not this will be the last you hear from me

edit: nevermind it didn't do a thing so i basically have a bit of plastic and wiring thats useless
    Last edited by xen_tech; 23rd-July-2013 at 00:07.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It should detect as something, even if it fails to install a driver it will still be listed on the device manager

P.S. can you post a pic of the device in question.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-July-2013 at 00:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i don't have a camera so to best reference it its similar to the one shown in the first post save for the fact instead of VL811 i have SL811 printed on the circuit board that's the only difference i can think of

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it is just a HID controller USB adapter

It's the OS at fault if it's not detected

downloaded drivers are not needed as the HID driver is part of the windows pack

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

well it does detect it so if the OS is the issue can you suggest a usb controller for the playstation to PC that works with windows 8 to be honest i despise windows 8 but sadly its the only thing that came with the computer so i'm stuck with it since partition programs are expensive

edit: also updateing the drivers for the detect version instead of the ones i found did nothing either

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The one you got works, it's just your machine that is the issue

Switching to another USB HID device is not going to help you something has messed up on the Win8 system

But... you should be able to change the default driver used back to the Windows HID driver, I don't remember exactly how to do that but it's something like..

Device Manager
    Properties of problem device
    Update driver
    Browse For Drivers
    Let Me Pick from List

that should let you pick the windows HID device drivers

[You may need to un-tick show compatible drivers, to show the windows HID driver]

HID-compliant device or HID-compliant controller are both the windows drivers, I would hazard a guess at the later
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-July-2013 at 21:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

welp tried both and neither worked so due to windows 8 i have a useless bit of plastic thanks for trying to help but it looks like i can never use anything controller wise with my computer and the only reasons were for emulators since older games are hard to come by

Thanks

Default attached original cd

original cd in 2014 - note drivers are still 5 yrs old
    Attached Files Attached Files