Thread: Image doesnt load

Thanks

Unhappy Image doesnt load

When I try to play Seaman via Chankast i have to enter the date and time and afterwards i have to enter date/time again. After doing that im in the main menu where i choose play but then the dreamcast logo pops up again and i have to enter date/time again. Need help.
    Im a total noob and this is my first time trying to play something with chankast or anything similar

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Chankast is a pathetic old excuse of a Dreamcast emulator (It was good in it's time and was one of the first to be able to actually play anything but sadly stopped development before it was ever a great emulator, but it did start the process for other dreamcast emulators)

NullDC or demul are the two emulators you need to be looking at now

NullDC is the faster of the two
    demul is the more compatible

Not sure if Seaman will work correctly in either though you do require a mic for that game and not so sure this is emulated in either, in fact I will check that now

NullDC only supports VMU and Puru Puru Packs emulated (no idea what a Puru Puru pack is but it's not a Microphone) EDIT: The Puru Puru Pack is just the Vibration Pack
    Demul only supports VMU/VMS and a VMS/Vibration pack (No Microphones here either)

https://code.google.com/p/nulldc/ Official site for NullDC (there are two version the Naomi version is an arcade emulator though not a dreamcast emulator)
    http://www.emucr.com/2013/03/nulldc-svn-r150.html?m=1 Most recent Windows binary build of NullDC based on the official source code (The Official site stopped making windows builds and only work on the Source code now)
    http://demul.emulation64.com/ Official site for Demul

If you really want to play Seaman though just buy a Dreamcast most models can play CD-R burned games without a mod chip directly you will also need to buy a microphone but those may be harder to get than you might think, very few games supported the mic and I'm sure Seaman is the only game that actually requires one [I got my Microphone with Planet Ring for the Dreamcast]

If you want more info on the real Dreamcast ask me over at the Everything Console section or look at the sticky threads there I did type up a guide for Dreamcast hardware there

Image of Microphone stolen from http://www.destructoid.com
    Name:  05full-620x.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  67.0 KB
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2013 at 19:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR