Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So, you jerks growing old yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I've been getting random white hairs in my beard and on my noggin for a couple of years now. Definitely not going bald though
    Put on a little bit of weight in the last 5 or so years but I've always been slim so it's not really a problem, I'm still not overweight for my height.

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I also take more naps.
    That's pretty much what I do, not real sleeping like when I was younger...it's all naps now, and mostly not planned ones.
    I just pass out in front of the tv

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    And I yell at kids to get off my lawn.
    Unless they're mowing it for $0.50

Thanks

I'm 33 and people at work think I'm 25 and I still play videogames like there's no tomorrow and don't have to settle for compromises and make sacrifices since I'm single. I'm set for life.
    Well, some games I can't play cause I can't understand them since they're......IN JAPANESE!!!
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Well, some games I can't play cause I can't understand them since they're......IN JAPANESE!!!
    You should... LEARN JAPANESE! It's not as hard as you might think, especially if you're only aiming for the level of fluency required to understand videogames and not the ability to actually converse fluently yourself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just turned 34, a little bit of white hair on the sides which my 21 year old girlfriend dyed red, my first lip piercing, I lost 50 pounds a few years back, I even seem to be a bit bigger where it counts. I get some aches and pains but overall I feel pretty good.

Most of what makes me feel old is experience.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    You should... LEARN JAPANESE! It's not as hard as you might think, especially if you're only aiming for the level of fluency required to understand videogames and not the ability to actually converse fluently yourself.
    As usual I agree, but I think motivation is the biggest problem for most. As in, not giving up. You're a special case and as for myself, I needed it for school so quitting wasn't an option. But for most people it's a very scary language and as much as I'm in support of others trying their hands at it, not everyone has the necessary free time that's needed to be devoted to such an undertaking. Hell even I spend most of my waking hours memorizing new and unknown kanji, and it's still not enough for me to be content with myself.

(Don't listen to me btw, it's a fun language and very satisfying once you start seeing the results! Also you get to play awesome JRPGs that never made it to the west! )

Edit: Also it's not just free time, but money as well for classes and such. Many people do need teachers, even if others can manage alone.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Elmdor!
    Last edited by Gare; 27th-March-2013 at 02:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    As usual I agree, but I think motivation is the biggest problem for most. As in, not giving up. You're a special case and as for myself, I needed it for school so quitting wasn't an option. But for most people it's a very scary language and as much as I'm in support of others trying their hands at it, not everyone has the necessary free time that's needed to be devoted to such an undertaking. Hell even I spend most of my waking hours memorizing new and unknown kanji, and it's still not enough for me to be content with myself.

(Don't listen to me btw, it's a fun language and very satisfying once you start seeing the results! Also you get to play awesome JRPGs that never made it to the west! )

Edit: Also it's not just free time, but money as well for classes and such. Many people do need teachers, even if others can manage alone.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Elmdor!
    could always just use Primsluer japanese and My japanese Coach for a quick fix lol

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Last year I had a liver biopsy and the results showed early stages of cirrhosis, which is most likely from my high sugar diet instead of old age. I also have arthritis in my ribs that causes pain when pushing or lifting anything heavy

Thanks
    EP Points

I just turned 34, but I don't look it at all . I look like I'm in my late teens. Nobody believes that I'm that old. Last year I had gallbladder surgery, I have arthritis in my knees, and my upper back is fucked up. Other than that, I feel young. the only time I feel old is when I realize that the kids that I babysat in the 90's are adults with their own kids.sigh.(that's depressing).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I just turned 34, but I don't look it at all . I look like I'm in my late teens. Nobody believes that I'm that old. Last year I had gallbladder surgery, I have arthritis in my knees, and my upper back is fucked up. Other than that, I feel young. the only time I feel old is when I realize that the kids that I babysat in the 90's are adults with their own kids.sigh.(that's depressing).
    haha wow you're 34! That's crazy. But hey, 30s are fun aren't they?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes. I'd like to think that things can only get better from here.

Thanks

nope.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by icely View Post
    nope.
    Well look at this incredible answer! Member and post of the year in one go!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Zal is JEALOUS!!

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by icely View Post
    nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Ah, Zal, give him a break, he's probably just a kid. Maybe we should tell him to get off our lawn?

Well, as for me, I'm creeping up on three decades in couple of months. I sure don't feel 30, and according to most people, I don't look it, either. Most people guess me at about 19 if I don't have any face-fuzz. (I still get asked for ID, occasionally). I keep fit, and have all my hair and my own teeth, so I guess I'm in pretty good shape. I do have a trick backbone that goes "out" at the least provocation, but that's the worst of it.

As Cookie noted, some days you feel like a teenager, and others you feel like a geezer. Luckily, I have more of the first than the second. Although, Drageuth, you're not alone here... just last week, some kids hit the side of my house with a basketball and I went full-blown old-fart on their poor heads. Out of my front door in 3.2 seconds, shouting: "Hey, you kids! Don't hit my damn house with your ball! You'll crack my siding!" Such a proud moment.

On another note, I think preferring a "craft" beer to domestic light lager, or a glass of "good" scotch to some peach-flavored rot-gut is a question of good taste more than age.

And remember, fellow babies, growing *old* is mandatory, but growing UP is optional. Age is only a state of mind, and you're only as "old" as you feel. Peace, water beads and love-beds.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Old?

OLD!?

I'm only 42, and the only gray hair I have is in the goatee area of my beard. If I shave, I'll look like I'm in my late 20 I've recently lost some weight, and I plan to continue, I feel younger, and well...life is good.

Now Jack....that dude is old as dirt.

What the flipping balls o shit mah nigga
    Why am I on this board you dudes are like 20-30+ (me here is only 16, i don't even feel like im 16)

Rewardsgaming.net