Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How important is height for a woman?

Thanks

Women prefer taller guys for sure. They say it all the time.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Sure you aren't confusing height with humongous wangs?

I'd say not very, but what do I know?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Humongous wangs might be on the list, but it's a lot lower. It also depends on what age we're talking about. Younger women with more options, the women in their prime can be more shallow in their selection. In that context, height is pretty high on the list, especially for western and westernized women. It's based on evolution so it's a primal attraction like big boobs to men. The taller caveman was more threatening and more "security". Of course it's at best a ritual in today's context where a midget can shoot a 7' muscleman.

Thanks

look after your body, don't be a jerk, get a decent job

won't matter how short you are imo, women aren't exactly giants

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not focused on height. I'm concerned with sharing interests and who the guy is on the inside.(wow, that's cliched and corny,I know) I have trouble meeting guys that aren't pervs,idiots or jerks in real life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I'm not focused on height. I'm concerned with sharing interests and who the guy is on the inside.(wow, that's cliched and corny,I know) I have trouble meeting guys that aren't pervs,idiots or jerks in real life.
    I like boobs, video games, dogs and cats.
    I like to walk my dogs nearly every day, but it isn't really for the exercise...it's mostly to check out some boobs.
    I don't drink, but I'm still smoking atm.
    I don't eat much meat except for fish (which I eat quite a lot of) and the occasional bit of chicken or turkey.
    Wanna hook up for some coffee or something?

Spoiler warning:
    Did I mention I like boobs?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Naim View Post
    Humongous wangs might be on the list, but it's a lot lower. It also depends on what age we're talking about. Younger women with more options, the women in their prime can be more shallow in their selection. In that context, height is pretty high on the list, especially for western and westernized women. It's based on evolution so it's a primal attraction like big boobs to men. The taller caveman was more threatening and more "security". Of course it's at best a ritual in today's context where a midget can shoot a 7' muscleman.
    Lots of my friends in their late teens and early twenties are dating guys here who are smaller than they are, and the guy I had a crush on was smaller than me. This is despite the fact that there are quite a lot of tall guys around where we live. So no, not really. It might be a primal attraction, but we are much more than the sum of our parts in that regard, and just as there are plenty of guys who don't necessarily want a girl with a huge chest, there are lots of girls who don't necessarily want a really tall guy.

This, basically.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well..............
    I guess that ship sailed for a good 65% of the male populous now didn't it?
    Including me

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

I think at extreme lows or highs it can be a disadvantage, ideally being taller than the woman is best but it can only do so much, I've known a few people who were 5'4" and did extremely well with women because of their personalities, it helps also to not be too insecure about your height either.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Elin & Iamerror:

I have a question: You mention that you care about what the guys are on the inside, but you can't see a guy's insides with the first sight. I agree with that too, I mean, I care more about how a lady is on the inside rather than how she looks. Clearly, that means you have to know the person for at least some time before you decide whether you like them or not.

On the other hand, in my experience, and from what I hear, if you want to date a lady, you shouldn't try to become friends with her and you should make it clear from your first meeting that you're interested in her romantically: If a man tries to befriend a girl first, it is interpreted as "he's deceiving her to get into her pants". Also chances are that the girl views a friend as "just friends" and wouldn't be able to be romantically interested in him. If he tries to get to know her without actually being friends with her it's stalking.

For women too, I hear that they decide on the first sight whether a man is "date material" or not. (Is this correct?)

These all mean that, while in the modern sense we like to think we care about the "who the other party is in the inside", in the end we all decide based completely on the outside looks. (Isn't that what love at first sight is?) Whether intentionally or by being forced into it. (I currently feel like if I want to find a romantic partner, I have to decide based on outside looks even though I prefer to befriend them first and then decide)

So how does a man find a girl who he would like to date based on the inside?

Maybe this isn't the place to ask such questions, but this thread sparked my interests, sorry!

PS: Keep in mind that I live in a middle eastern country where dating doesn't work exactly like it does in europe or america, though it does work the same to some extent. So if I'm misunderstanding something it's because of that.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    You have female friends, and sometimes more serious relationships develop.

PS: Keep in mind that I live in a middle eastern country where dating doesn't work exactly like it does in europe or america, though it does work the same to some extent. So if I'm misunderstanding something it's because of that.
    Well I guess if the accepted rules about unattached women interacting with men are very strict, then having female friends might be a problem. I have no idea what is acceptable in your situation.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Well I guess if the accepted rules about unattached women interacting with men are very strict, then having female friends might be a problem. I have no idea what is acceptable in your situation.
    Having female friends is not forbidden, but a bit uncommon. And when they happen, they usually go to the "just friends" category where even bringing up dating is a no no.

You have female friends, and sometimes more serious relationships develop.
    This is what I don't understand. How does it develop into something serious? Does something have to happen? Do you have to say anything? I don't know, just "two different people developing the exact same feeling about each other at the exact same time" sounds very unlikely to me.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

This is what I don't understand. How does it develop into something serious? Does something have to happen? Do you have to say anything? I don't know, just "two different people developing the exact same feeling about each other at the exact same time" sounds very unlikely to me.

In my experience the two people rarely get the same feelings at the exact same time.

There may be some flirting going on...either you're doing it and she's receptive, or she's doing it and you go with it (or try to extricate yourself from the situation if you're not interested).
    Of course sometimes people may flirt just for the hell of it (they enjoy the attention or whatever)

Thanks
    EP Points

flirting
    OK I have found where my problem lies.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The internet.

*ba-dum tish*

G'NIGHT EVERYBODY!