Thread: PSX: Actua Golf 3 (E) I/O Error

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSX: Actua Golf 3 (E) I/O Error

Problem: When attempting to convert to a normal .bin file ImgBurn produces an I/O Error, and Daemon Tools is also unable to produce an image file.

Steps Taken: Extracted contents into a folder. Extracted the .7z file to give me the .ecm.bin file. Used ECM Tools to produce .bin file. Used Monkey Audio to convert the .ape files to .wav files. Manually renamed the .wav extension to .bin. Used the .cue file from "cues and sbis". Mounted successfully with Daemon Tools Pro.

So far so good, but then when I attempt to produce the new image file I get the above mentioned errors. To be clear, the above steps worked for me with other titles flawlessly so I am assuming that there is something wrong with the file.

EDIT: I also checked to see if, as mounted, it would run with ePSXe. It produces the following error:

* Error loading WNASPI32.DLL
    I'm going to go through the process of checking all the .ecm/.ape files I can find and will post the results below.
    (I won't bother checking multiple regions of the same title unless the first version I check fails. Also, this could take me a while.)

--- # ---

3D Lemmings (E) Works!

--- A ---

Actua Golf 3 (E) produces the error at 0%
    Actua Ice Hockey 2 (E) produces the same error when it reaches 20%. Also unable to load in ePSXe.
    Actua Soccer (E) produces the error at 51%. Tried both versions 1.0 and 1.1, same error at 51%.
    Actua Soccer 2 (E) produced the error at 1%
    Actua Tennis (E) produced the error at 20%

Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2001 (E) [SLES-03150] Works!
    Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2002 (E) [SLES-03775] Works!
    Alien Resurrection (E) [SLES-02913] Works!
    Alien Trilogy (E) [SLES-00101] Works!
    All Star Action (E) (Disc 1) [SLES-04107] Works!
    All Star Action (E) (Disc 2) [SLES-04107] Works!
    Aqua GT (E) [SLES-03390] Works!
    Archer Maclean's 3D Pool (E) [SLES-04096] Works!
    Asterix and Obelix Take on Caesar (E) [SLES-02092] Works!
    Autumn-Christmas Releases '96 (E) Works!

--- B ---

Baseball 2000 (E) [SLES-01935] Works!
    Best Sports Games Ever (Demo) (E) [SCED-02421] Works!
    Bloody Roar - Hyper Beast Duel (Japan) (En,Ja) Works!
    ... but when you extract the .7z file to get the bin.ecm file it is named "Track 01", so after using unecm you have to rename it "Bloody Roar - Hyper Beast Duel (Japan) (En,Ja) (Track 1)"
    Break Point (E) [SLES-00258] Works!
    Brian Lara Cricket (E) [SLES-00759] Works!

--- C ---

"C3 Racing - Car Constructors Championship" Works!

(In the process of checking more...)
    Last edited by Elliander Eldridge; 26th-March-2013 at 15:27. Reason: posts merged