Thread: nightmare with screen resolution

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unhappy nightmare with screen resolution

Hi I'm fixing up my old hp mini 1000 series for my dad to use but the problem is that about an inch of the screen is a solid black on the right side the bottom repeats itself and the top left is a square that you have to scroll left right and up and down to see anything it happened after i accidently deleted things on the small hdd some old programs i didn't need so I think i deleted something i shouldn't have and in the setings for monitor it wont let me change it from 800x600 to 1024x760 32 bit true color.

So if anyone can help I would really be greatfull.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably video card drivers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i unistalled reinstalled the monitor driver with on apperant change.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Reinstall all the dell drivers from the dell website

Thanks
    Blog Entries

it's not a dell it's an hp 1030NR mini netbook running windows xp.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    it's not a dell it's an hp 1030NR mini netbook running windows xp.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3832488 <--- this?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes that's the one. One more question if I made a reboot disc for this in case this driver download does absolutely nothing would fix it or did I really damage my system because I slipped on ice once at high school and cracked the original FI screen so could that also be a party of the problem?

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry for the late reply. If by reboot disc you mean like a system wipe disk, sure; you could even just do a full clean install. I would however try completely removing or rolling back the drivers associated with the video chipset (likely labeled Display Adapters) before resorting to this.

What do you mean by FI screen? What part is physically damaged, if any?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"