Thread: Need Help Ripping A Skies of Arcadia Model

Thanks

Question Need Help Ripping A Skies of Arcadia Model

Hello all. I am trying to rip Vyse's model from Skies of Arcadia/Legends so I can rig it and use it in Sonic Generations. I took a look into the dreamcasts iso for the game and found a folder named bchara, which I assume is for the character models. However, the folder contains a lot of .mld, .mlk, and .std files. Someone told me about this model converter that specifically converts the .mld files from Skies of Arcadia. So I tried out the program, but I'm very confused. It keeps spitting errors at me whenever I want to try to convert anything. Could anyone help me with this?
    Last edited by Arctiq; 17th-March-2013 at 18:35.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No one can help you without knowing what errors you are getting, it could just be as simple as missing support files or it could be incompatibility with your OS

You haven't even mentioned what the software is that you are trying to use

A lil more information is required

P.S. importing and exporting models will never work anyway unless the animation sequence can also be matched exactly and I can tell you now they will not so even if you do import a model from Skies to Sonic Gen will not work unless you can also edit the animation file/files as well

3D models consist of model data (one or more depends how they done it), texture data & animation data often there are other data files as well linked to the model data

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR