Thread: Change Dreamcast CDDA Tracks

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Change Dreamcast CDDA Tracks

Wondering if anyone knows any good tutorials for this. Been looking around haven't came with much, except i know its possible. I want to change the cdda tracks on mk gold too something else.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most tools will not work in Windows Vista up over

But if you have XP or under then you can do this reasonably easy enough, I used to use easy to use front ends like DC-CDR, that in effect uses the Echelon method but it's made simple and is self guided

But you do need to burn your projects in 2 stages to make those selfboot

To simplify how....

You have a data folder for all the game data (you need a copy of the IP.BIN and 1STREAD.BIN) in the main folder (those will be hacked later)
    You also have CDDA folder for all the wav files (wav is raw format)

The software will first burn the CDDA tracks you have selected close the session (the disc does not get closed at this point)
    The software will then read the LBA of what has been burn so far so it can hack the IP.BIN and the 1STREAD.BIN
    1STREAD.BIN will then need to be put back into the data folder
    once the hacking is done it will then go to the last step to open a new session then burn all the data then close the session then the disc

I made that sound a lot more simple than it is though

If you are not bothered about selfbooting then the process gets easy and you should be able to make a CD image with Vista or above making a simple data/cdda disc and use utopia to boot that

There is another way that is a lot more simple using CDDA Tools found at http://members.multimania.co.uk/megalexxx/ that can extract and insert CDDA tracks into dreamcast selfbootable CDI images

In fact a lot of the older Dreamcast releases on CD-R used his tools to pack and inject the sound files to give higher compression when sharing there Dreamcast rips and should work fine with modern versions of Windows
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2013 at 21:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR