Thread: ps1 laser issues

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unhappy ps1 laser issues

hello need help new ps1 laser model ksm-4am whatever online said it worked in my 7001 ntsc u/c ps1 but the laser just spins slowly then stops WHATS WRONG WITH IT!?
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    hello need help new ps1 laser model ksm-4am whatever online said it worked in my 7001 ntsc u/c ps1 but the laser just spins slowly then stops WHATS WRONG WITH IT!?
    Lets take a breath and reword your request.
    Did you just buy a new laser?
    Are you looking for a new laser?
    Is the motor spinning or the laser?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks for replying so fast yes to all of the above and i just fixed my problem sorta i just had to put the power cable all the way in but i can't get backups to work with my gameshark cartridge v2.1 it just spins slowly and hangs at loading disc screen.
    If i do the swap trick [which i don't like scratching my discs just to play em] it mostly works; can the ps1 phat read cd-r music discs with ps1 isos on them? i know the older ps2 50001 does but i get weird scrapping noises in psx.
    it reads burnt discs find as well as black sony discs but only with the gs cart removed. oh and the noises i guess are normal for ps1 7001 laser.

long question short: how do i do the swap trick on gs 2.1? can i use cd-r music discs for psx games?
    I fixed the problem a tutorial said to go into the cd music reader than swap; well i found you have to swap the disc while it's spinning before it stops to act as hot swap 1 then select your codes or not and do the normal swapping 2nd half at the "loading disc please wait" screen.
    And no it won't read music cd-r [only normal plays] they only work in ps2 phat and slim.
    Last edited by soratron; 16th-March-2013 at 01:48. Reason: posts merged
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.