Thread: playstation cover art woes

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Angry playstation cover art woes

Hi, I've been trying to reprint a few of my ps1 case arts [most have kool aid stains on them] but the prints I find online are not quite big enough and scanner enlarges them too big so can anyone tell me what size IN PIXELS by pixel 1 x 1 does it have to be to print out in the correct size that will fit in the standard cases.
    Img00006.jpg

P.S. I'm modding the case of my psx how do I cut holes in the case do i use a dremal?
    Last edited by soratron; 12th-March-2013 at 22:16.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    EP Points

Applications that have print options let you view the size of the image in inches/centimeters before you print them. Just measure your PS1 using a ruler and then resize your image in inch/cm format appropriately before you print.

In case you're uploading your prints (which as far as I understand is what you're trying to do), the other party has to do the above to make sure they print in correct size. There is no right pixel size for something like this because the number of pixels depend on dpi of scanner/printer.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the only item i use for printing is paint it has no option that i know of to look at it in inches so what app do i need to download to do the inches then?

Thanks
    EP Points

I use xnview. There's also gimp which is actually a comprehensive image editor like photoshop.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries

would printing in 4x6in be the right size cause ruler i get 4.5in x 4.5in?

Thanks
    EP Points

which application are you using, if you're using xnview you can choose custom size and set 4.5 x 4.5 exactly. There should be something similar for gimp.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries

microsoft paint any help in getting the right sizes when printing both front with side end label and new booklets [cover art anyway] would really help running low on ink and colors are ascued so i would like to know how to set images to right size before i waste money on new ink.

So would 4.5in be close enough to right size fr it to fit in the case namely the back with the black label?

EDIT: I fixed my own problem just had to play with the adjust to % to get them the right size on the paper portrait wise haven't tried to do the back cover yet.
    Last edited by soratron; 18th-March-2013 at 22:53.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

has anyone ever printed out the disc art I was thinking of making the look [at least for the cool art] like the real discs and add a layer of protection from top scratches.
    Sorry thought I hit edit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah print out the top of a proper PS1 disc and stick the paper onto your CD-R using prittstick. It'll work a treat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know I glue it but what I'm asking is the size and times what % of size to print it out at the right size actual disc size not plate sized.
    Last edited by soratron; 16th-September-2013 at 12:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd probably get the CD scans from emumovies.com, then just try a few sizes until you get it the right size with your printer. If your'e using paint, just resize until it fits. If it's 4.5 inches in diameter, that means you can just print it out at 400 x 400, 500 x 500, etc. until you find exactly what you need. Trial and error if you don't want to use gimp or photoshop.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...