Page 5 of 267 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The You-Know-Who-Deletes-A-New-Boring-Hang Out - Dong Edition

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Holy shit we beat Chicago. Final score was 6-5.

I'm going to get drunk to celebrate.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Depends how long you've followed the team for.

'83-'90, we were the team to beat. We won the Stanely Cup 5 times in those 7 years. We kind of slumped in the early '90s, then reached middle of the pack in the late '90s (made the Playoffs three or four times, but never advanced further than the 2nd round). We slumped again a bit in the early '00s, then the lockout happened and we lost a season. The '05-'06 season, we snuck into the Playoffs in with the 8th seed (the absolute bare minimum to get into the Playoffs) and managed a Cinderella Story all the way to Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals, which we lost in overtime to the Carolina Hurricanes. We really slumped after that, and have been one of the worst teams in the league ever since.

I really started watching games around the '96-'97 Playoff runs, and got really into them during the '05-'06 season. I was hoping we would start doing a bit better this year (we are stacked with talent), but we can't seem to find the chemistry.

It doesn't help that the median age for players on our team is ~24. We have a lot of young, talent guys who just need a bit more time to mature in this league. We don't have enough veteran players to take them under their wings right now. About half of our players need at least one more year in the AHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Holy shit we beat Chicago. Final score was 6-5.

I'm going to get drunk to celebrate.

Gotta appreciate the little things

Take that team everyone expected to win!

Thanks
    EP Points

Come awwwwwn people. More posting. I need something to read whilst hiding in closets waiting to axe someone in the back of he head!!!!

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Gimme a break its 3 in the morning!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Come awwwwwn people. More posting. I need something to read whilst hiding in closets waiting to axe someone in the back of he head!!!!
    You playing Hitman? I started that a while back, and made it to the stage where you start out in a Library/Museum (with no weapons and tons of Cops) after Assassinating the guy in the Apt Complex, but couldn't figure out the trick to get through it. I had the difficulty jacked up, which probably didn't help, but I never cared enough to look up the solution....

I really enjoyed what I played though. Maybe I'll start it up again one of these days.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just watched a movie with the folks, fucking Christ, all they wanted to talk about was how my day at work was.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    You playing Hitman? I started that a while back, and made it to the stage where you start out in a Library/Museum (with no weapons and tons of Cops) after Assassinating the guy in the Apt Complex, but couldn't figure out the trick to get through it. I had the difficulty jacked up, which probably didn't help, but I never cared enough to look up the solution....

I really enjoyed what I played though. Maybe I'll start it up again one of these days.
    After the burning hotel?

But yeah it gets much much better later on. The library level is a bit of a pain. There aren't really a lot of ways of beating it. Higher difficulties mean more guards so it gets rougher that way. There are a few well placed for you to take down and stuff in a bin and steal a uniform and just instinct your way through a couple of rough spots. You can also release the lights on a couple too. Or just say fuck it and blast your way through

It's a pretty big level with like 4 parts to it. Next level is a strip club

Thanks
    EP Points

After the burning hotel?

But yeah it gets much much better later on. The library level is a bit of a pain. There aren't really a lot of ways of beating it. Higher difficulties mean more guards so it gets rougher that way. There are a few well placed for you to take down and stuff in a bin and steal a uniform and just instinct your way through a couple of rough spots. You can also release the lights on a couple too. Or just say fuck it and blast your way through

It's a pretty big level with like 4 parts to it. Next level is a strip club
    Yeah, I took a few out and stole a uniform, but on the harder difficulty instinct seemed to run out way too fast. I could barely get anywhere, so I tried blasting my way through, but ended up getting the screws put to me each time. I'll probably go back and play it on an easier difficulty so I can get through the game, just to see what else it offers. I'm not pro gamer when it comes to the Hitman games, since this is really the first one I really sat down to play. I played Hitman 2 many years ago but never got anywhere.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I took a few out and stole a uniform, but on the harder difficulty instinct seemed to run out way too fast. I could barely get anywhere, so I tried blasting my way through, but ended up getting the screws put to me each time. I'll probably go back and play it on an easier difficulty so I can get through the game, just to see what else it offers. I'm not pro gamer when it comes to the Hitman games, since this is really the first one I really sat down to play. I played Hitman 2 many years ago but never got anywhere.
    Do you remember exactly which difficulty? On normal I'm pretty sure I managed to sneak through that part just in the suit. On hard I went to the right side and went up the stairs (2nd set you come to I believe) took out a dude and took his uniform dropped down and snuck a bit then used instinct to pass the two cops who take position on either side of the main stairs leading up and then climbed upto the roof. You have to move quickly because one cop fixes the lights and makes things a bit harder - you can take him out too actually if you go left from where you start and time things perfectly. Also don't underestimate the use of thrown items to distract people it's almost a must on hard.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Jazz here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Got another interview.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you remember exactly which difficulty? On normal I'm pretty sure I managed to sneak through that part just in the suit. On hard I went to the right side and went up the stairs (2nd set you come to I believe) took out a dude and took his uniform dropped down and snuck a bit then used instinct to pass the two cops who take position on either side of the main stairs leading up and then climbed upto the roof. You have to move quickly because one cop fixes the lights and makes things a bit harder - you can take him out too actually if you go left from where you start and time things perfectly. Also don't underestimate the use of thrown items to distract people it's almost a must on hard.
    I had it on the second hardest - it wasn't the uber difficulty because I think that actually shuts off instinct, but it was the one before that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Got another interview.
    Gratz man, I just started a new job yesterday.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had it on the second hardest - it wasn't the uber difficulty because I think that actually shuts off instinct, but it was the one before that.
    Wow, yeah you might want to drop down one to hard. You only need that one for the trophy/achievement anyways. On expert which you're on you don't get any player activated checkpoints either.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    Gratz man, I just started a new job yesterday.
    Shuddup YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I needed a new job two two months ago.