Thread: Best DS Flash Cart and Suppliers? (UK)

Thanks

Question Best DS Flash Cart and Suppliers? (UK)

I have a Nintendo DSi XL (I like the bigger screens) and having heard about Flash Carts like the SuperCardDSTWO that let you put homebrew and DS game ROMs onto micro SD cards and load them into the DS thought it would be really cool to get one so that I can experience lots of great DS and homebrew titles I might have missed and have an instant game collection ready to play without swapping cartridges. Whilst I like the possibility of Gameboy Advance and SNES emulation the SuperCardDSTWO is said to have, these are not essential and I would be willing to do without them if another device does the core DS ROM loading just as well and is significantly cheaper? (cost is an issue).

Anyway bearing that in mind, what is the best Flash Cart system for DS that would meet my needs?

Also 3DS compatibility would be nice in case I upgrade at a later date (I don't expect it to play 3DS games, of course).

Secondly, as I live in the UK I would like to use a UK based supplier and of course any international supplier would need to ship to the UK. So considering my location what is the best reputable supplier for a DS Flash Cart?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SuperCardDSTWO is the best for DS compat and without having to AP patch anything either so games just work

If you are after cheap cards though go with R4 and put up with patching and 3rd party kernals

In case you hadn't noticed I live in the UK

I don't order from the UK in favour of saving cash but the order will take apx 4 weeks to arrive

http://www.digitalyeah.com/

I have used them few times I have 4 flash kits from them gotten at different times, I have a M3 Real kit with GBA mem for a DS Lite I also got a Acecard2i from them that I used on my 3DS until Nintendo blocked it, I got a DSTWO next then got a second one because I got a second 3DS that time an XL and let my girlfriend use the older original 3DS. I have also ordered another Acecard2i from them for a friend, all arrived just fine, it just takes a while.... (they are based in china)

UK sellers come and go so quick though and tend to charge more than the above (another good reason not to trust them).

P.S. they also have a promotional code at the moment to get an extra 12% off the sale price

P.P.S. if you do go with a R4 kit or any other kit do make sure it works on the latest 3DS firmware before you buy it a lot of kits have been blocked in the last few updates for the 3DS, the DSi also blocks flash kits as well so do make sure you read up on those cards, make sure you are reading the correct sites for the kits as well (there are lots of R4 kits out there all made by different people, it's like a clone war out there for R4 kits)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2013 at 11:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks. Not sure what the AP patching is? but it sounds like a hassle I could live without. I really just want a plug and play system where I can just dump the DS roms on a SD card, stick that into the DS and play if that is possible? and it seems like the SuperCardDSTWO has that simplicity (or at least comes close?) and hence is worth some price premium. Plus the GBA and SNES emulation would be really sweet, well provided it has decent speed/compatibility? I just really like the idea of being able to carry three generations of Nintendo gaming around on a DS

I was about to order one on that site but when I got to the payment page it said they would only take payment by Visa Credit Card, my card is a Master Card. I have Visa card but only the debit one which I'm not sure is the same so I had to ditch the order.

I did find an alternate supplier: http://www.r4shops.com which seem to have it in and at about the same price, this is the same version right? http://www.r4shops.com/supercard-dst...s-lite-ds.html and with an 8GB micro SD I think it worked out about $3 more than the other site with the discount, but they do take Paypal which would solve the credit card issue.

Are R4 Shops legitimate?
    Last edited by RetroRulezUK; 10th-March-2013 at 09:28.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anti Protection

a lot of games are protected to stop use on flash kits

Never heard of R4shops another new one... (looks like it started mid last year)

I have used the other one for years though, I'm not saying the other one is bad I just can't verify it being trusted

They are also based in china though, if no one can verify if they are good or not it's a 50/50 hit to if they are going to be good or not and waiting for anything china is bad enough without adding to it a source that you are not sure of

For the sake of £2 or whatever the exact diff is it's worth going with trusted

P.S. I can't see anyone else posting here to be honest but you are welcome to wait I could be wrong and you get a ton of replys
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-March-2013 at 10:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for your responses, I agree with you and think I will order with digital yeah. Assuming I do go with the SuperCard DSTWO (I think this is highly likely) what is the set up procedure? Is it as easy as downloading some of the DS ROMs here on emu paradise, putting them on a micro SD and putting that in the flash cart? If not what other steps are involved?

Lastly, regarding the micro SD card, I already have a large 32GB Micro SD card that would be ideal for this purpose but I am not sure if it is fast enough as I have heard that class 6+ is needed? I think it says class 8 on mine (v hard to make out as the writing is tiny!). Did a file copy test on it by copying a bunch (20GB) of large files to it on my PC and it is only averaging 6.3MB/second which seems terribly slow even compared to a good USB stick, would it be too slow for holding DS games?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All flash kits require kernel software that is stored on a microSD

for the SuperCard DStwo yeah all you do is download a rom and extract it onto the MicroSD though I would recommend you store them in a sub folder like Roms or NDS once you direct the flash kit to look into the correct folder it will keep those settings and just to that folder when you load in DS software with the kit

other kits you will need to AP patch protected games but if you do go for one of those kits I can give you software that will patch anything for you

you can also get cheat files for all the flash kits or you can use in game search engines for cheats with some kits the DSTwo kit can do that

I used to use a class (4) card without issues but as it happens I use a class (10) 32GB MicroSD with mine but my girlfriends uses my old 4GB class (4) without slow downs

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i searched google and found that paypal company have been cracking down on flashcard stores recently. a lot of flashcarts sites are no longer able to offer Paypal as a payment method. and usually both credit and regular debit cards being accepted. you'd better purchase your card on the most reliable sites such as http://www.thegamerdepot.com/buy-woo...ids-p-150.html this site has proven to be a very reliable r4 card re-seller.
    Last edited by 3dsgamedemon; 3rd-September-2013 at 06:41.

Thanks

Hi Zorlon,
    you seem to be well versed in DS FlashCarts.

I got a M3DSREAL (4GB) from m3adapter.com; am i able to use it by N3DS? Or are there problems? I'm just asking because I'm going to buy the newest DS-Ver.

PS. If you know a good Backupsystem for DS(i)-Games, plz tell me too.
    Last edited by rpg4e; 20th-March-2013 at 13:53.
    *There's just one thing we all will have to do: to Die*
    Just remember, you'll only be able to be the best in ONE reality, which is your choice?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

M3 Real will only work in a DS or DS-Lite (as it happens I still own one), it is a standard flash kit that was blocked by Nintendo on both the DSi and the 3DS

There is no good backup system for DSi games and there are no good dumps of the DSi code so even current dumps of DSi games are not complete yet

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I hope it's ok to use someone else's thread for this, but I'd like to buy an R4 SDHC cart and was wondering if someone can recommend a safe site. None of the ones I've looked at so far appear to support paypal and I'm not even sure what to do if my bank ends up blocking them anyway.

I don't suppose these are sold through ebay?

Also, I tried the above suggested site and I am about to rip out my hair. They keep cancelling my order for NO REASON and I am getting really pissed off at how hard it is to actually order an R4 cart.
    Last edited by Kazekai; 23rd-March-2013 at 07:29.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

None all R4 carts suck and are all clones (I already gave reasons why they suck in this thread ), just create a new thread though no one is going to post in this thread except me

You will want to tell us where you want your order to go to as well

eBay banned all sale of flash kits years ago as did amazon

Maybe your payment was refused I don't know why they would cancel an order, have you contacting them about it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks