0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: My first game!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default My first game!

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while, but that was because I was learning to develop games using allegro. And now my first game is done and I wanted to share it with you guys to see how well I've done in the eyes of gamers (not programmers ).

This is a really small catapult mini game. You adjust the angle and power and then throw the ball towards the basket. Really simple, but took me 3 weeks to code!

Any ways, please play the game and tell me about the things you liked and things you didn't like about it. I'm also open to questions, suggestion, bug reports, etc. (specially bug reports )

Download links:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. And they ain't gonna remove these since the copyright is actually mine! feelsgoodman.jpg

Last edited by gezegond; 8th-March-2013 at 17:38. Reason: added code tags just to be sure

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty cool man! I know how hard it is to program a game even as simple as hangman or tic tac toe so I give you props on this. While not the most original concept I bet you learned a lot of stuff that you will be able to utilize when making other games.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mailmann006 View Post
    Pretty cool man! I know how hard it is to program a game even as simple as hangman or tic tac toe so I give you props on this. While not the most original concept I bet you learned a lot of stuff that you will be able to utilize when making other games.
    w00t a reply!

Thanks! I certainly learned a lot which was the whole point of designing this game. I chose a not-original-at-all concept on purpose because I wanted the gameplay to just work while I concentrate on the programming. Now I can just apply everything I know programming wise to another concept. My next one will be JRPG-like game similar to pokemon and digimon.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I made a super-simple Galaga style shooter for my edx.org CS-50X class. Of course the ToS for that says I can't share their software with people outside the class, so if you can find moshpit789 on MIT sites, you can probably play an online Flash version of my game.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I made a super-simple Galaga style shooter for my edx.org CS-50X class. Of course the ToS for that says I can't share their software with people outside the class, so if you can find moshpit789 on MIT sites, you can probably play an online Flash version of my game.
    Is this it?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/moshpit789/2840568

Looks pretty cool. The only problem is that bullets disappear if you shoot a new one. I like how the enemies come homing towards you and don't just come at a straight line like all other side shooters.

btw, on the page it says that it's being shared with creative commons license so it's probably okay to share it.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Is this it?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/moshpit789/2840568

Looks pretty cool. The only problem is that bullets disappear if you shoot a new one. I like how the enemies come homing towards you and don't just come at a straight line like all other side shooters.

btw, on the page it says that it's being shared with creative commons license so it's probably okay to share it.
    That's the one. I kept it simple by making the laser a single sprite, and each time you fire it resets to the y-position of the ship. That's why the laser resets each time you fire, making for short range rapid fire. Enemy speed is tied to your score, so at a score of -2 it's game over because the enemy would stop.

The music sounds a lot better in the programming GUI(Scratch, linked to the right of the game on that site), with different instrument types being tied to background/star sprites.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 12th-March-2013 at 18:09.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Amazing job. I abandoned programming, waaaay too much concentration

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlamingo View Post
    Amazing job. I abandoned programming, waaaay too much concentration
    Thanks. Programming is like, really frustrating when it doesn't work, and really really rewarding when it does. Like a difficult game.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって