Thread: Monster Hunter Tri server closing :( Can we make private servers?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Monster Hunter Tri server closing :( Can we make private servers?

They say they will close Monster Hunter Tri servers because of the new one for Wii U so I was thinking: Can we make and play on private servers?
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends if have the files needed by a server and if they made the game so it was possible to change the default server IP address

The way things have been going though the answer is more going towards no, but you can't tell there may be some clever people out there that will hack the game to make it possible

At the moment though I don't know of any plans for this

It is worth a google though if you have high interests in that, you may not be the only one looking for that kind of thing and there might even be work on one now, but I have not seen anything about it myself

It also depends on how popular the game is there are a lot of online active type games that get left in the dust that unfortionate, for one reason or another lack of popularity or just that the original programmers didn't want that to happen, that and doing console online custom servers is much harder to do than PC games due to PC games being more open with there options
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-March-2013 at 20:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was searching like crazy cause I didn't had the luck to get a Wii while it was new. But I can play old games anytime!

Maybe CAPCOM did this just to make the fans migrate to the new one and get some money Well can't blame them for that.

I think they will close the servers on april.

Like I said I tried to find info on the net and nothing that's why I tried here to see if someone on the shadows had a project or something like that It would be good if I could rost a little server so we could play like the original game without any hacks or custom things. Sometimes private servers add too much new custom stuff. it's not that I hate them but I'd like to play closer to the original.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't mind the odd hack depends what it is but most the time they do go ott and kill the original fun

Personally I think if you are going to have hacks enabled at least do that on different servers so have one none hacked version and one hacked version (or several hacked versions having various degrees of hackery)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah that's what I think too but in general I prefer no hacks at all hahahaha maybe some new quests to make the game more enjoyable but I like to keep clean. I just hope in the future someone can do private servers for Wii so I can play.

I could try to play like crazy till april but Im already playing Dark Souls on PC and this game is soooo good and time consuming. When I saw the Monster Hunter gameplay I fell in love cause it reminds a little of Dark Souls.

Thanks
    EP Points

this sucks :-(
    I just bought MH3 after playing it for some time and no they shut down the servers.

Maybe Capcom is uber cool and releases the server software

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe Capcom is uber cool and releases the server software
    I doubt that! I think the only reason to close the old one is to ppl to migrate to the new one. But it's nice to have hope

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Generally home servers are made from scratch anyway rather than from official software from the official servers, not always but that's the case most of the time

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I always thought that the companies would never bother to give someone the directions in how to build the entire server like the original so ppl that still likes the game can play.

Would be nice!

ME: Hey CAPCOM I'm sending you this mail cause I want to build a server so my friends and I can still play the old MH3 on Wii

CAPCOM: No problem buddy! Just use the attached file on the mail we sent you

ME: YAY!