Thread: Burning discs

Thanks

Default Burning discs

hi all
    finally got a dreamcast that works after 2 duff ones from ebay, and an attempt to fix mine failed
    anyway been downloading some games and got to some jap ones
    when i unpack the file it contains
    track01.bin
    track02.raw
    track03.bin
    and
    the game name
    in this case
    under defeat v1.001 as a gdi file

how do i burn this to a disc?

thanks in advance

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GDI images are not ment for burning

as you might of noticed the file size is over 1GB and the only discs a dreamcast can read out side GD-Roms are CD-Roms

GD-Roms are apx 1.2GB in total and 1GB track in center not too different to DVD (but not the same so please do not think the Dreamcast can read DVD discs, it can't) and an outer ring of the disc is normal CD data

Although there are such things as GD-R's these are only for those that have the hardware to burn such discs that and they are silly expensive to buy the hardware and do not exist in today's selling market anyway unless it's second hand and the GD-R discs are going to be very hard to find and also cost you a bit

You can convert GDI images into CD images if you can do rips that will involve removing un-needed files and downsampling in some case if you know what is and is not needed and if you know to down sample, though I admit not every game needs something ripped or downsampled

The easiest way though is just to get the games in the correct format to start with as in selfbootable Cdi images or Mil-CD

You can try http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dreamcast_ISOs/1 for some of those, if you help with those just let me know also reads the guides stuck thread I wrote a few for Dreamcast

If you really insist I could hammer up a guide I have done my own rips a few times, but I warn you now it's not the simplest of processes and is quicker to download a game again done by someone that knows what they are doing

EDIT

GD-ROM:

Please note that this download is a GD-ROM rip and thus cannot directly be played after burning on a real dreamcast console. You can, however, play these titles with great music and video on an emulator since no re-sampling has taken place and this is a 1:1 copy of the actual game disk.
    Download Under Defeat (J) (GD-ROM Image)
    Unfortionatly not a game I have at the moment I only have english games, been meaning to collect the jap ones aswell

EDIT again I do actually have that game as a Mil-CD, just not had a chance to burn it yet lol I could upload it for you or you can google Under.Defeat-RDC and see if you can find it

RDC = ReviveDC they are a Dreamcast game release group

If for some reason you can't find it I will upload it for you

Hint.... Do read my guide on Dreamcast burning with ImgBurn
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-March-2013 at 14:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

yes
    and have been burning the games with it, and they work fine so thanks for that

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hint google Under.Defeat-RDC

I have yet to burn that myself but I do trust there dumps

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR