Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB Loaders and other mods for Wii?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeathChicken View Post
    I'm curious about this as well. I have USB Loader GX installed along with Dios Mios 2.8, but it seems to want to fight with me when it comes to running Gamecube games off the USB (namely, I get to the Start menu for the game, but then it insists on copying the entire game to my SD card which I don't want to do. And...er, can't actually do as there's no room on the SD card for that).
    There's A 2.8 Version Of Dios Mios?

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn thats a lot of replies

Anyhoo. Personally I like Wiiflow for my wbfs-formatted wii games, as well as my dios-mios enabled gamecube titles. Works great with minimal configuration and looks great to boot
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 47iscool View Post
    There's A 2.8 Version Of Dios Mios?
    Yes infact I linked it in this thread came out a few days back

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Damn thats a lot of replies

Anyhoo. Personally I like Wiiflow for my wbfs-formatted wii games, as well as my dios-mios enabled gamecube titles. Works great with minimal configuration and looks great to boot
    The subject matter has somewhat changed as the thread has progressed, so I have changed the tittle to reflect that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-March-2013 at 10:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You may need to update your Wii's ios's you seem to be getting lots of issues ndsplayer19576

easiest and safest way is via ModMii (initially used to mod a Wii but also used to update IOS drivers in a safe way)

You may need to re-install DIOS MIOS after
    Which ios's specifically? I used to use dopmii and avoid the stubs in the case of bricks (bootmii as ios only isn't enough for certain bricks) but I leave the ios's as they are

P.S. this was last year, there should be updates anyway

I'll take a look into modmii if I need to

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have left the ios's as they are, it is no wonder you are having issues

certain ios's need updating for certain games to even work, modmii will do that in a safe manor some of the other ways can potentially brick your specially if you do not know what you are doing

modmii will ensure you are brick protected, for the most part it will do the same as what you have done manually, modmii is just a safer way to do things specially for those that are unsure of what they are doing and it makes sure every part of the mod is up to date, at the moment I am unaware if it is DIOS MIOS enabled (I just don't remember if the modmii also included DIOS MIOS)

The biggest problem with following guides is that they shortly become out of date and can be missing updates needed by certain games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have left the ios's as they are, it is no wonder you are having issues

certain ios's need updating for certain games to even work, modmii will do that in a safe manor some of the other ways can potentially brick your specially if you do not know what you are doing

modmii will ensure you are brick protected, for the most part it will do the same as what you have done manually, modmii is just a safer way to do things specially for those that are unsure of what they are doing and it makes sure every part of the mod is up to date, at the moment I am unaware if it is DIOS MIOS enabled (I just don't remember if the modmii also included DIOS MIOS)

The biggest problem with following guides is that they shortly become out of date and can be missing updates needed by certain games
    Ok I'll give it a go when I can and I'll edit my post to say what happened

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    Ok I'll give it a go when I can and I'll edit my post to say what happened
    Just make a new post

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes infact I linked it in this thread came out a few days back

The subject matter has somewhat changed as the thread has progressed, so I have changed the tittle to reflect that
    Wow,I Thought Crediar Said It Would Be A While Before He Did Anymore Work On It,Great, Since Most GC Games Are Better Than The Wii's Games.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 3rd-March-2013 at 22:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just make a new post
    Ok, I got this fatal error when I tried to load Sonic Heroes [NTSC-U] on USB Loader GX. It was something like the apploader size is zero. I don't know if this is to do with the apploader.img, but the file there is 117kb so I don't get this error

You said that I didn't need the sys folder right? Is the problem the sys folder?

Also I took a look into modmii, there wasn't really much I could do since there are bits I don't know, I've also checked multi mod manager and dopmii and my ios's seem to be up-to-date. The cIOSs weren't that hard to find but 222/223 v5 were said to work differently in cfg-loader, but now that I'm using usb loader gx, should I update it to v5?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

modmii is the best and simplest way to update your Wii, whats not to understand it will update the cIOS's accordingly without you looking for those and installing those individually it is also kept up to date it also prevents you from getting fake or infected cios & ios files

I have no idea if the sys folder has caused the issue or not, but I do know it is not needed, I use the software that comes with DIOS MIOS to convert my GC iso's, it's up to date and it does not create a sys folder and the iso's give no issues, older versions of DIOS MIOS may of needed those but as I started on v2.6 then it must of been for a pre v2.6 version

Compat list mentions no problems with that game either, so sounds like a user end error to me, I would remove or move the sys folder, if that alone does not help reconvert the iso or don't convert it at all, you may need a better copy as well, but compressed iso should sort the files and align them correctly, only time I can see that not working is if the iso and or gcm (same file format) was compressed in the past badly (there was a lot of badly compressed gamecube games back in the day of streaming games to the gamecube)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-March-2013 at 15:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

modmii is the best and simplest way to update your Wii, whats not to understand it will update the cIOS's accordingly without you looking for those and installing those individually it is also kept up to date it also prevents you from getting fake or infected cios & ios files

I have no idea if the sys folder has caused the issue or not, but I do know it is not needed, I use the software that comes with DIOS MIOS to convert my GC iso's, it's up to date and it does not create a sys folder and the iso's give no issues, older versions of DIOS MIOS may of needed those but as I started on v2.6 then it must of been for a pre v2.6 version

Compat list mentions no problems with that game either, so sounds like a user end error to me, I would remove or move the sys folder, if that alone does not help reconvert the iso or don't convert it at all, you may need a better copy as well, but compressed iso should sort the files and align them correctly, only time I can see that not working is if the iso and or gcm (same file format) was compressed in the past badly (there was a lot of badly compressed gamecube games back in the day of streaming games to the gamecube)
    I'm guessing that I should use the RAW method for DMToolbox (1:1 copy)

Also I'm using DIOS MIOS 2.8 (Lite gives me issues with USB Loader GX)

EDIT: Still getting the apploader error
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 3rd-March-2013 at 16:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have You "ndsplayer19576" tried USB Loader GX r1208?,It Works Great With Me,BTW DM ToolBox 0.3 Seems To Have Problems,Use 0.2 Instead.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 3rd-March-2013 at 23:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    Ok, I got this fatal error when I tried to load Sonic Heroes [NTSC-U] on USB Loader GX. It was something like the apploader size is zero. I don't know if this is to do with the apploader.img, but the file there is 117kb so I don't get this error

You said that I didn't need the sys folder right? Is the problem the sys folder?

Also I took a look into modmii, there wasn't really much I could do since there are bits I don't know, I've also checked multi mod manager and dopmii and my ios's seem to be up-to-date. The cIOSs weren't that hard to find but 222/223 v5 were said to work differently in cfg-loader, but now that I'm using usb loader gx, should I update it to v5?
    Only Delete The SYS Folder IF Your Running An ISO,If It's Exracted (FST) To A Folder Then Keep The SYS Folder

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lite version is for SD only none lite version is for USB

I will test the game later as it happens I just done a fresh update using modmii just to make sure all my ios's are up to date and hacked accordingly

while my Wii is messing on updating covers (just added a ton of WiiWare and VC games) I might as well look for sonic heroes I will grab the US release

I would still compress it, using raw does nothing to it as it is raw to start with lol
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-March-2013 at 22:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Sonic Hero's NTSC-U Works Fine On DIOS MIOS With Me,It Even Works Extracted (FST)