Thread: Best SNES emulator for the NDS?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Best SNES emulator for the NDS?

I surfed around the web for one, I found one in about 5mins then I couldn't be bothered after that. Don't remember what it's called

I'm using an R4i-SDHC 3DS (from China since I found it in a shop) with firmware for 3DS 4.2.0-9 X and DSi 1.xx (don't remember I saw it a long time ago)

For compatibility's sake I'm trying to play Super Mario RPG [NTSC-U].

EDIT: I'm planning to use it for my 3DS with the same firmware it supports.
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 25th-February-2013 at 16:02.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only good SNES emu for the NDS will only work on an advanced flash kit and no R4 kit is good enough

Supercard DSTwo is what you want that both the SNES emu and GBA emu, only work on that is playable, most games you chuck at those will play just fine.

Though Super Mario RPG although yes plays it is unplayable because of frame jumping so those timed hits are not going to happen, a lot of games do play just fine (most do) but Super Mario RPG is not one of those

Get yourself a PSP if you really want SNES on the go though the image is not squashed onto less pixels like it is on the DS

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/ for more info on the Supercard DSTWO (I know these cost a lil more than most flash kits but with good reason )

It is not just a standard flash kit it has plenty of advanced feature some of those features are only to be these because of the extra chip sets giving the kit extra memory to play with to enable things like GBA and SNES emulation from a DS slot flash kit

P.S. the emulators are in the plugin section
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-February-2013 at 17:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The only good SNES emu for the NDS will only work on an advanced flash kit and no R4 kit is good enough

Supercard DSTwo is what you want that both the SNES emu and GBA emu, only work on that is playable, most games you chuck at those will play just fine.

Though Super Mario RPG although yes plays it is unplayable because of frame jumping so those timed hits are not going to happen, a lot of games do play just fine (most do) but Super Mario RPG is not one of those

Get yourself a PSP if you really want SNES on the go though the image is not squashed onto less pixels like it is on the DS
    Might as well try desmume since I don't have a PSP

What's it called anyway? Is is some port of snes9x like the GX one for wii?

EDIT: How much frame jumping occurs? Is it a lot like 9 fps or something around that?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NDSSFC is a SNES emulator only for DSTWO with Real-Time-Save(RTS), Cheats, Screen Snapshot and etc functions.

fps is full speed but only because of frame skipping and like I said you couldn't use it anyway

You might aswell just emulate SNES on your PC or the Wii if you like

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

NDSSFC is a SNES emulator only for DSTWO with Real-Time-Save(RTS), Cheats, Screen Snapshot and etc functions.

fps is full speed but only because of frame skipping and like I said you couldn't use it anyway

You might aswell just emulate SNES on your PC or the Wii if you like
    Oh well, snes on the go wasn't such a good idea. I'm better off with Snes9x and Snes9x GX like you said.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ZSNES will come in handy for some games as well that don't work in Snes9x and zice versa neither is perfect

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

ZSNES will come in handy for some games as well that don't work in Snes9x and zice versa neither is perfect
    Oh yeah I forgot about ZSNES after I got tons of crashes when I tried to switch equipment in Super Mario RPG.

I also found its interface to be a tad bit annoying with that animation on fullscreen and capturing my mouse when not on fullscreen

EDIT: Is BSNES any better than Snes9x and ZSNES?
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 25th-February-2013 at 23:28.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

only for Satalite games aka BS games

There is no perfect SNES emulator

there is a SX2 version of snes9x aswell though

http://www.emucr.com/2012/10/snes9x-sx2-v01.html

It's the same as snes9x with the added features of sx2 emulating Satellaview great for games like BS The Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets (English translated/fixed for emulation) that is in 4 parts P.S. that is a different zelda game to US zelda game

The other 2 BS Zelda games are the Normal SNES games as a Satellaview download (Jap only no point in translating it it's no different from the retail version) and a remake of the NES Zelda (English translated) both single roms.

The NES remake is very good and a lot more playable because of the graphics update though in general it is a slightly smaller game map these get dubbed 3rd and 4th quest but the NES original has quest 1 and 2 (overall there is little difference (2 and 4 are like Master Quests on that note there are Master Quest versions of Ancient Stone Tablets aswell))
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-February-2013 at 16:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

only for Satalite games aka BS games

There is no perfect SNES emulator

there is a SX2 version of snes9x aswell though

http://www.emucr.com/2012/10/snes9x-sx2-v01.html

It's the same as snes9x with the added features of sx2 emulating Satellaview great for games like BS The Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets (English translated/fixed for emulation) that is in 4 parts P.S. that is a different zelda game to US zelda game

The other 2 BS Zelda games are the Normal SNES games as a Satellaview download (Jap only) and a remake of the NES Zelda (English translated) both single roms, the NES remake is very good and a lot more playable because of the graphics update though in general it is a slightly smaller game map these get dubbed 3rd and 4th quest but the NES original has quest 1 and 2 (overall there is little difference(2 and 4 are like Master Quests on that note there are Master Quest versions of Ancient Stone Tablets aswell))
    I get it now, because I heard BSNES needed a decent CPU and a good GPU (which I don't have)

I don't really play TLoZ much so I'm fine; the only one I've played was on the N64 and I might get Skyward Sword or the Wind Waker for whatever console they're on if I feel like it