Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you guys think of the change from Hotmail to Outlook?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default what do you guys think of the change from Hotmail to Outlook?

i got an email that said "hotmail is changing to outlook, take a preview here" upon clicking said "preview" it FORCE updated me to Outlook, which is very bland/ugly, has poor reload (if i left hotmail open it used to tell me i got an email) and is bulky/hard to browse with

not sure how many of you used hotmail but to me this is a pretty big nuisance

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

People still use Hotmail? Huh. I have not used it in 10 years...since I used it exclusively for NeoPets and Myspace.

Thanks
    EP Points

I like hotmail because its up to date.....

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it's stupid that hotmail is changing to outlook. I've been using hotmail for a long time. Just like how MSN is going to change to Skype, too many stupid updates by MS.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

The changeover seems pretty fucking stupid. Hotmail is mostly used by people like my Mom, who doesn't have a clue about how the internet works. Changing things around will just confuse their userbase, and they'll probably lose a good chunk who will drift to other services.

Although, maybe they need to do it. I'd imagine every possible @hotmail username was eaten up by spambots years ago. It probably hinders signups if you can't get a username without a 20 digit number after it.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I found an option in the upper right to change it back to hotmail, because outlook sucks.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I found an option in the upper right to change it back to hotmail, because outlook sucks.
    Thread's mind blown.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    People still use Hotmail? Huh. I have not used it in 10 years...since I used it exclusively for NeoPets and Myspace.
    I just it for various Internet signups. Anything where I have to create an account, with one or two exceptions, gets put into my Hotmail account. Anything meant for serious emailing (anything job/school related, for example) goes to my Gmail account. Keeps the spam out of my Gmail and makes it easier to organize everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    The changeover seems pretty fucking stupid. Hotmail is mostly used by people like my Mom, who doesn't have a clue about how the internet works. Changing things around will just confuse their userbase, and they'll probably lose a good chunk who will drift to other services.
    What shocked me was just how drastic of a change it was. It's basically a complete overhaul, which is what I consider the stupidest part. It probably wouldn't have been as much of a shocker to people if it was gradually rolled out in stages, similar to how Facebook updates their UI.

Some people will bitch about it for a bit, and then continue to use it. Everyone who had an issue with Hotmail gave up on it a long time ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Thread's
    fucking stupid.
    You guys want it locked?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

No way, it's fun to bitch
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Although, maybe they need to do it. I'd imagine every possible @hotmail username was eaten up by spambots years ago. It probably hinders signups if you can't get a username without a 20 digit number after it.
    they already made multiple endings

hotmail.com/ca live.com/ca outlook.com/ca/fr etc,,,

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    i couldnt find it

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm

and world-class spam protection that blocks 97% of spam from your inbox.
    Are they actually bragging about the fact that 3% of spam slips through their filters? I don't know how well other filters out there actually perform, but anything less than 99% sounds like garbage.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm

Are they actually bragging about the fact that 3% of spam slips through their filters? I don't know how well other filters out there actually perform, but anything less than 99% sounds like garbage.
    i think they were going for realistic stats

Quote Originally Posted by easterwick View Post
    yes, yes you are

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    i think they were going for realistic stats
    99% of people don't use us, we're going for 100%.

Spoiler warning: