Thread: Surreal 64 problems :(...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Surreal 64 problems :(...

hi a few months i play surreal 64 xxx on my old and black xbox every day, but some day i see a newest version (b5 CE), so i download it, ftp to my xbox, move my roms to my new emu, and delete the old one (dam mistake), and the b5 Ce crushes every time i try to run :/ i try a lot of more versions, like b5.5, b5.2, etc, like 6 different emulators, and every one crushes at the first screen whit the Xbox fond and the legend "surreal 64 B5 CE"(just an example), i already try to run whit ntsc, pal, and nothing work, i download vision (visionary dashboard) and the same problem whit n64 games, i even download coinops 5!! and the same problem whit n64 games !!! i want to try to download the oldest version that i have (the one that works) but i cant find it anywhere . is there anyone that can help me please!! i need solutions :'( i want to play mario kart 64, smash brothers, leyend of zelda, again!!!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads just search there.

P.S. sounds like there is something missing or a user end problem rather than the emulators just not working as to what the exact issue might be I'm not sure

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

mmm im on eurasia... now what? :/

ok now i download the oldest version of surreal... hope it works :'(
    Last edited by deadlegion; 5th-March-2013 at 02:37. Reason: posts merged

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And downloading an old version done what for you??

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah!!!!1 D!!!! tanks zordon! it works!!! now i have n64 again !!! i instal the oldest version i found on eurasia !!
    but.... i still have the coinops problem - . -

:O one more ting, i instal your mod version of gta. cool one but.. it has multiplayer mode?? cause i search in the map, where its supose to be the msn simbol, but theres nothing :/

let me tell you the love story i have whit coinops, the deal its this... i download the coinops 5 lite version from undergroundgamer, ftp to my xbox, and i have the same problem whit the coinops playing n64 games :/ so i download the r6 or r7... i dont remeber now, and ftp over the lite version... so i shit all stuff, cause now my coinops seems to need 3000 games to run, but i dont have enough space for that roms, and... who want 3000 games i almost have 500, and thats a lot of games :/, so... i try to download again from underground gamer but... im banned - . -. so i try to create a new acount but my ip was detected, so i instal a firefox app, and create the dam acount, but when i open my bittorrent.. bam! detected again ., so donwload lite version again its not an option :/ in all your greatness knowledge what do you recomend to me? i was tinking to instal coinops 4 micro...
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 10th-March-2013 at 16:47. Reason: multiple posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had strange problems with retail games perhaps the same issues happen with emulators and other homebrew aswell

You can put these back afterwards but move the save folders off the xbox or to a new folder temp if you like, forget the exact folder names think it's something like udata and an other one named almost the same but move both as I didn't figure out what exact folder needed shifting

Sorry for the minor info it's been a little while since I had the xbox out

Once moved or deleted

Try running the coin-ops or newer version of the n64 emu's if that fixes it, it's a bug with the actual xbox that can only create a certain amount of xdata files/folders

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

well i instal coinops 4 sunset... the one whit unlocks, and works super fine for me but... i still cant play n64games on coinops :/ it crushes every time whit every n64 game, i only get a dark screen. so i still playing my n64 games on my old surreal xxx i downlad the other day .
    it only that it sounds great to have all the games in the same emu, cause you dont have to jump over one emu or another :/ but... whatever :/ the good ting its that i can play n64 (even if it is on other emu), its have been a wile

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not used newer versions of coinops so I don't think I can help at the moment, last I looked though coinops was an arcade emulator and if it includes only a few N64 games and others like NES and Genesis it may be that those are specific rom sets that are needed not just the normal roms you use with console emulators i.e. arcade versions based on Genesis, N64 and NES hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

but... it crushes even whit the n64 games that came whit the coinops :/... well, tanks anyway men

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it will be that issue I mentioned before

The folders are udata and tdata one has saves in the other has game data needed to start certain apps and for one reason or another the xbox limits how many of those are created and cant create new ones once that limit is reached

to solve that temp move those from the xbox via FTP or move them to a new folder via one of the many on system file managers

run the software that is failing the newer N64 emu and coinops running the N64 games and see if that works

after you done that once you can restore the udata and tdata folders

The folders are usually in the root of E:\

That problem is known with games from both disc and installed, the limit is on creating not reading though so that problem will keep coming back with every new piece of software used that you have not had on there before

New versions of software usually would not be an issue unless they changed the default ID for the software so when it creates the files in the udata and tdata folders it has to make a new folder/files and without being able to create those you just get a black screen
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-March-2013 at 14:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

ok ill do that... be right back to tell you if it works

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool hope that does the trick for you

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

nope, didnt work i delete all archives on tdata and udata folders, i still can play coinops but not the n64 games of coinops

Thanks
    Thanked 6,219 Times in 1,444 Posts
    EP Points

just use sureall for n64 it really makes no difference if you use surreal instead of coinops anyway.
    REMEMBER if you are looking for a xbox game then make sure and check the XBOX MASTERLIST.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ox-Master-List