Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMT Devil Survivor 2 black screen. please help.

Thanks

Default SMT Devil Survivor 2 black screen. please help.

I know there has been talk of freezes in Devil Survivor 2 but none of the advice given seems to fix my problem

What happens is after Friday's "Barrier Failure" event after everyone's done talking, you get a death clip. i see the loading introduction to the video, but when the logo fades, it stays black.
    I'm using an R4 by the way

I've tried loading an earlier save and replaying the level, same thing happened. I also tried getting a different emulation of the game, but it wouldn't recognize my save files.

If anyone could help that would be great, i'm so close to the end and i'd hate to have to replay it all.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The best option is just to get a good flash kit rather than an R4 depending on your console get either a AceKard2i for DSi or under or just grab a SupercardDSTWO that works on all consoles from DS to 3DS-XL both have there own methods of getting round protected games and in general have a very high compat

If your R4 kit can use it then use WoodR4 from http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/fl...r4-f31270.html

If WoodR4 still does not fix it then AP patch it (that game does use AP) recommend DS Scene Rom Tool for your AP patching (let it do it's updates on loading)

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/ro...ol-f25536.html

Lastly if all else fails then copy the save to PC emulate the game get past the stuck point and save in-game, then copy the new save back

EDIT: back up your save regardless of what you do next

You are also welcome to upload the save file and I can get you past that point with my 3DS using the Supercard DSTWO and give you a save past that point unless that just gives you the ending.

P.S. Wrong section so I will move this to Everything Console because you are using real hardware with a flash kit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2013 at 11:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I updated WoodR4, it didn't help
    It's already AP patched
    and when i tried to use desmume it wouldn't recognize my save (and i did convert it to be the correct kind)
    here's a link to the save http://filetrip.net/dl?0Q96522hEm

thanks a lot for your help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Tell me what to do

For DeSmuME

File Open and load the game
    File > Import Memory Backup > Open the sav > and then check AUTO (ADCANsCEne Database) and hit OK

Game will reload and have Continue & Load there

Export would be raw, but you can test that after you backup the original save that you already have done by uploading it

EDIT if you want me to look at this at least save at the end of the fight
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2013 at 20:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Start by hitting continue. It will start with Airi on a special square and in her option menu hit "control". Events happen, don't worry about speech commands since they won't have much effect other than how people respond. After a bit of talking you'l receive a video, since that's where it freezes for me i can only assume that afterwards you'll be sent to the map selection. Open the menu with x and the bottom center icon is the save button. save in file three.

Once again thanks for all your help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Works okish in DeSmuME if you want to do this yourself, there is a bit of text afterwards

P.S. I used a none AP patched version with the emu (I don't AP patch my games) I didn't use my 3DS this time, you got me curious when you said it didn't take your save
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't know if this helps but I always recommend this cause I have a fake R4 for ages now and with this updates I never had any problems!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogame...leases.267243/
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are no real R4 kits left, the original is sadly long gone

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah but this new ones look better anyway!

I never bought a new one cause my fake R4 work perfectly with this updates I said before and I don't care for anything more as long I can play my games : ) With this updates you can play with a clean rom and never waste time looking fo AP patches.

The only bad thing is that games like Castlevania Portrait of Ruins will freeze but I know it's not firmware fault. I just have to find a better SD.
    Last edited by Bruno; 18th-February-2013 at 23:33.

Thanks

Thank you so much, I was dreading I wouldn't be able to finish such a great game. And a million more times thank you, It's great that the internet has such awesome people as you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Always good to see a fellow gamer happy : )

Thanks

Sorry to be a bother, but it's happening again.
    This time i was able to get the save files to desmume but the freeze happened in the same place.

Now when i start the mission "The Dragon" after a bit of talking it freezes.
    I'm starting to think that it might not just be random glitches happening.

If you don't mind, in the latest save, could you start the mission, speech commands don't much matter. And just suspend the battle once it starts.

http://filetrip.net/dl?5hZM7CwZgQ

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will prolly upload the game for you if it works anyway

Yeah it just works

I will upload it for you both AP patched and original rom I have a feeling your rom is currupt

Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor 2 (USA)_apfix.nds is the patched rom, just rename it, do not trim it
    Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor 2 (USA).nds has not been patched at all

I don't trim roms as it can make them corrupt and be unplayable at some points

Personally I don't AP patch games either but my flash kit does not require AP patching

Just waiting for the upload will post back with the link when it's done (hope sendspace is ok for you)

APX 40min wait

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Try that copy of the game and let me know if it makes a difference if not I have your save as a continue at the start of the next battle
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2013 at 14:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I used the unpatched one and it worked! I hope this means that it wont keep freezing. Thanks a ton for all of your help.
    Also, might you know what was the problem? It'd be nice if i could fix it myself instead of having to bother you the next time it happens.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

both the AP patched and the none patched version worked your rom was corrupted

I check all my roms with no-intro dats and never trim my roms either

As I don't personally know what protection is used in the game it may have issues again at some point using the unpatched rom, but as I said both worked past the points you get stuck at I tested with the AP patched rom this time and created a save at the start of the battle the other one was done with the unpatched rom to make that save after the text at the end of the battle
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2013 at 22:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]