Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EP Minecraft Server?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default EP Minecraft Server?

I was wondering if there was already one floating around somewhere, or if not, perhaps someone wants to get one running for everyone to play on?
    I don't even know if it's still free to do or whatnot, but I thought it would be cool to get one going for everyone to hang out on and build cool shit I guess? Whatever people do on minecraft, I dunno.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I got bored and decided to go ahead and make a minecraft server. I don't actually know what I'm doing, but it works with Hamachi so there's that.
    Anyway, you'll need a cracked client to play as all private servers go (I think?) and Hamachi to connect to my thing.
    I tested myself to see if you can actually connect, and it worked out just fine.

As for connection details the Hamachi server is MinecraftEmuparadise and PW is emuparadise.

In your Minecraft client hit Direct Connect and type in the IP you see from Hamachi. (I believe it is 25.8.250.122)
    Your username can be whatever, I won't set up a whitelist unless I feel the need to. I like to think we're all mature adults here.
    Max players is 20 by the way.

As far as troubleshooting goes, if something goes wrong let me know, I don't know much about Hamachi, or Minecraft, or computers, or cooking, but I'll do what I can to help.
    Last edited by Corey; 20th-February-2013 at 03:17.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Think there used to be one but a couple of years ago. If I had a machine that was on 24/7 I would totally host a server. But yeah I think that sounds like a nice idea!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I thought it would be cool, but didn't have a way to keep it reliably running. Hopefully someone interested enough will come along and get one running before I make a joke of a server to fill the void in ep's camaraderie. Yeah that sounded ok I guess.

Thanks

Corey, there is a MC server I used to play on, that I highly recommend. They got both a creative and a survival server. They don't have any gimmicks like paying for promotions or items like a lot of bigger servers do. They make you earn promotions on the creative server by building stuff. The survival server is gonna be PVP/factions. Meaning you can join a faction and help build/defend a base, or go attack someone else. I believe griefing (breaking someones stuff) is allowed vs enemy factions. When I played on it they also had MCMMO, basically you can level up skills, like swords/axes/archery/unarmed, and also demolition skills like mining/wood cutting/excavation, and also crafting skills like repair.

They don't require you to apply, or even be a member of their website to join the minecraft server, its public.

http://www.overclock.net/f/18026/ove...ecraft-servers

They are relaunching the servers with new plugins and stuff, but I believe at least the creative server is up most of the time. They got some incredibly crazy builds on the creative server, definitely some top tier minecraft builds. Some huge castles, and even goliath sized space ships. Some of the things people built with minecraft blocks is just unreal.

Definitely one of the best MC servers/communities I've ever seen. When I used to play minecraft that was the only server I played on because other ones I tried were just crap in comparison.,
    Last edited by gamerdude21; 16th-February-2013 at 22:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh the idea is to have a server just for us on EP. I'm not interested in joining one elsewhere. I'll likely just end up making on and hoping people can connect easily.

Oh, thanks for the heads up though, that sounds like a cool server.
    Last edited by Corey; 16th-February-2013 at 22:38.

Thanks

i have a host and can only do 15 people at a time but i would be into making it a ep server

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by killerrr321 View Post
    i have a host and can only do 15 people at a time but i would be into making it a ep server
    That sounds really cool, I doubt there would ever be 15 people at once anyway.
    I'm all for you doing that, and if we actually DO need more than 15 people, I'll work something out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I got bored and decided to go ahead and make a minecraft server. I don't actually know what I'm doing, but it works with Hamachi so there's that.
    Anyway, you'll need a cracked client to play as all private servers go (I think?) and Hamachi to connect to my thing.
    I tested myself to see if you can actually connect, and it worked out just fine.

As for connection details the Hamachi server is MinecraftEmuparadise and PW is emuparadise.

In your Minecraft client hit Direct Connect and type in the IP you see from Hamachi. (I believe it is 25.8.250.122)
    Your username can be whatever, I won't set up a whitelist unless I feel the need to. I like to think we're all mature adults here.
    Max players is 20 by the way.

As far as troubleshooting goes, if something goes wrong let me know, I don't know much about Hamachi, or Minecraft, or computers, or cooking, but I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well this is a pleasant turn of events, I'll make sure to hop on and give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Corey, why would you need a cracked client? I've played with friends on their private servers using legit clients.

Hamachi connection works great but I can't join your server. Says it's out-dated. Guess this might have something to do with my above question...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Corey, why would you need a cracked client? I've played with friends on their private servers using legit clients.

Hamachi connection works great but I can't join your server. Says it's out-dated. Guess this might have something to do with my above question...
    Like I said, I don't know much about it. You might not need a cracked client I guess? The tutorial I was reading was like "CRacked client this and that, just use one" So I dunno.
    Let me see if I can connect.

EDIT: I'm currently logged in with my cracked client through hamachi. I used my phone's hotspot to make a different connection for my laptop to be sure it wasn't a LAN thing.
    Last edited by Corey; 20th-February-2013 at 13:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah then the issue is I'm trying to connect with a legit client to your "cracked" server or something. Hmm.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah then the issue is I'm trying to connect with a legit client to your "cracked" server or something. Hmm.
    But like I said, I don't really know much about this. I'm playing MC for the second time in my life.
    Oh also I actually saw you try to connect. It says in the applet thing "Disconnecting crusherMGS" whatever that means I guess.

Although I have a screenshot of the server running, and me being able to connect.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah unfortunately I don't know much MC servers either. Maybe somebody else here knows more?

Either way I might try one of those cracked thingamajigs later!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah unfortunately I don't know much MC servers either. Maybe somebody else here knows more?

Either way I might try one of those cracked thingamajigs later!
    Tass seems to know a thing or two, we're talking on Skype about it at the moment. I may just work out the networking kinks and take Hamachi out of the equation.