Thread: Gamecube ISOs on Wii question

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gamecube ISOs on Wii question

So recently I've been looking into doing some gamecube rips on my softmodded wii. Trouble is, they seem to be a lot more finicky as far as being loaded is concerned.

From what I understand, they need to be loaded via something like Dios Mios, on a fat32 partition. Now assuming this is correct, the only media I have that will support clusters that big is my 32gig pendrive, which is what i use with WBFS to play Wii rips.

All in all my question would be, am I on the right track as far as actually loading gamecube ISOs is concerned? And furthermore, would it be possible to partition the 32gig drive, one side set up for WBFS, the other with the special FAT32 for gamecube?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

AFAIK, You are correct on all accounts. But the FAT32 must be the first partition, DIOS MIOS will not recognize it otherwise. So you may have to copy the contents of your pen drive onto your computer, reformat it, partition it, then reformat the second partition as WBFS. I had to go through the same process with my external hard drive, and it took ages, but it worked in the end.

I'd also recommend not trying to mess with any other HD loader, and go strait with dios-mios-booter.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, um. So I had forgotten I have an 8gig SD card I could use for this, and proceeded to try a number of guides to no avail, including this one (first attempt). After failing I uninstalled that and tried this one, also no good.

Im almost wondering if its the game I'm trying to run (FZeroGX) or maybe a missing ios file somewhere? In the meantime I'll dig through your dios-mios-booter link and see what I can do.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

DIOS-MIOS Lite is the version for playing games of an SD card, DIOS-MIOS is the version for playing games off of a USB device.

Here is probably the best guide, and Here is where you can download most of the apps (make sure to enable JavaScript).

Also, F-Zero GX is listed as Working.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 14th-February-2013 at 06:18.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, so thats the difference between the normal and the "lite", I had no idea. After installing the lite version and its particular loader its working just fine thanks