Thread: Regarding Dolphin and playing games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Regarding Dolphin and playing games

Now, to be honest, I'm kind of a noob here, so it's no surprise that I might have a problem such as this, but I think some of you could help me.

Now, I downloaded and installed Dolphin. Dolphin 3.0 x64 to be exact. I got it off from this website and I also downloaded a Super Smash Brothers Melee ISO to test it out. I haven't downloaded any Bios or plugins yet as I suppose I could get to that later. When my download finally finished, I checked it out and to my surprise, it wasn't an ISO. Moreover, it wasn't a .gcm file either. It was just a lot of 00(#) files. In fact, there was 22 files of it plus an .SFV file. I had no idea how to work with this but I considered using tools like Imgburn or DAEMON tools to help me out. I used Imgburn but when it turned all the files into the ISO file I needed, it didn't work with Dolphin for some reason. Maybe I did something wrong, I thought? I was told that I needed to make the Disc bootable but it wouldn't work seeing as how I didn't have an Image to boot it with. Here's a picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Help 1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	36342

Now, since it didn't work, I thought of using DAEMON tools. And big surprise, it didn't work for me. In fact, nothing has worked for me so far. And that's why I came here for help, because most of the tutorials on Youtube only consist of making it more complicated instead of making it more lenient on the person who needs help.

So my questions: Am I able to use Dolphin at all? How do I play games on it then? How do I convert 00(#) files into ISO or .gcm files properly? Also, is there any Bios or Plugins you could recommend so I could have a good experience? If you can answer them, I thank you.

What I'm working with:
    Dolphin, Version 3.0 (x64)
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    3.48 GB of Ram usable out of 4 GB
    I have a picture of the Super Smash Bros. Melee ISO I had downloaded:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Help 2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	36343

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Those 00(#) files are a split archive.
    Use 7zip to extract from the first part.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, deadlegion. Now I can play Gamecube games without any trouble. Now I just need the proper bios and plugins so the games will run more smoothly.