Thread: NullDC questions

Thanks

Default NullDC questions

Hi there,

I have some questions about the DC emulation because it's the first time I use DC emulation. I have read that NullDC emulates every DC game. Is this correct? Because 4x4 Evo wont run for me, it stuck at the Sega license screen. Also some other games have graphic issues. Is there a general plugin that I have to use to avoid this issues (like Pete's Open GL2 Driver for the ePSXe), or is DC emulation more complicated? Also I noticed that some Isos from here come with different content. For example the game 4 Wheel Thunder comes with CDDA sound in the PAL version, and also there is a version without CDDA sounds. If I start the version without CDDA I have no sound, and by the PAL version with CDDA sound, the sound is cut and high-pitched. Shall I first convert them like I convert PSX Isos to bin/cue format? And another question, here I found often versions of Isos with no country abbreviation (hope you understand me, I mean with no (JAP) or (PAL) additional in the game name), if there is no additional does this mean that this is an US version?

Sorry if some questions are stupid but as I say before, I am new to DC emulation. Also sorry for potential misspellings, my english yaya...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Q1 no

4x4Evo is a WinCE game that NullDC does not handle, all game that use WinCE do not work in NullDC

No do not convert Bin+Cue will not work with NullDC

Dreamcast images are what we call Mil-CD's a special format that uses 2 or more sessions, this makes it difficult to manipulate into other formats without breaking the game

Possibly I don't know, to be honest the DC downloads need re-sorting, the only difference between PAL and NTSC on DC is that some PAL games have a PAL 50 / 60 Hz option, most just run at 60Hz anyway and there is nothing to pick between a game running at 50fps and 60fps the first and last frame of every 50 frames at 50Hz is the same as the first and last frame of every 60 frames at 60Hz some games only got a single region release as well I would guess if it is jap it would say so otherwise they are english

P.S. break your questions up next time, so myself and others can read it in the first place
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2013 at 14:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for helping me Zorlon.

Do this WinCE Games work in Chankast?

I asked for convert because there is an option in NullDC like "load/open bin/cue" ore something?

Do I need an plugin to get correct sound in 4 Wheel Thunder?

Is there a recommendable graphic plugin?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

demul is the next choice when NullDC fails

Chankast was the best in it's time but unfortionatly that's not saying much

Load bin/elf is for development of dreamcast exec's not for booting discs

No you don't need certain plugins it should just work unless the sound is ripped

Use either the default vid plugin recommended or the D311 one, there is only 2 plugins

P.S. you can't download external plugins for NullDC it comes with all the plugins
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2013 at 17:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok, great. I say thanks again Zorlon.

Thanks

Great! I had this little doubt about the frames... And reading this you've already answered my question! Thank you very much, Zorlon. I almost knew there was no difference between 50 or 60 Hz. really. Now, i know.