Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The strangest problem.. I'm lost

Thanks

Default The strangest problem.. I'm lost

Ok, so about a week ago I downloaded ePSXe 1.7.0 and some iso PS1 games. everything was working amazingly and all was good. four days ago however It decided to never work again, it runs, it starts up but once the game (and this is every game) tires to go to the title menu it just stops. does not freeze, does not crash, log says its running fine, it just plain stops. I have been looking online for solutions and I have been fruitless in finding the similar problem, I have even stumped my friends that use emulators all the time and have a lot of know how. I re downloaded the emulator, the plugins and the games, it did not change anything. I even tried around six different versions of it, no change. I even tried a different emulator PCSXR, and that had the same problem. I am completely lost, I think that it's more likely than not my computer that's the problem. I'm not sure what specs someone would need, so ill just post what I can think of.

Model : HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
    Ram : 8.00GB
    64-bit

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it!

p.s. if it helps my Project64 works fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingWatDaDuk View Post
    Ok, so about a week ago I downloaded ePSXe 1.7.0 and some iso PS1 games. everything was working amazingly and all was good. four days ago however It decided to never work again, it runs, it starts up but once the game (and this is every game) tires to go to the title menu it just stops. does not freeze, does not crash, log says its running fine, it just plain stops. I have been looking online for solutions and I have been fruitless in finding the similar problem, I have even stumped my friends that use emulators all the time and have a lot of know how. I re downloaded the emulator, the plugins and the games, it did not change anything. I even tried around six different versions of it, no change. I even tried a different emulator PCSXR, and that had the same problem. I am completely lost, I think that it's more likely than not my computer that's the problem. I'm not sure what specs someone would need, so ill just post what I can think of.

Model : HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
    Ram : 8.00GB
    64-bit

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it!

p.s. if it helps my Project64 works fine.
    Hmm, seems strange.. Could you tell me your graphics card info?

Also I noticed you said 1.7.0, 1.8.0 is available. ( You said you re downloaded the emulator, did you get the latest version [1.8.0])

If not try to get that and let me know if the problem still exists. If so try deleting everything with ePSXe in the name, back up your saves if you wish to keep them then try the suggestion above ( re-downloading the latest version again. )

All in all, let me know all of the things you've tried so we can help you a little better.
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    Hmm, seems strange.. Could you tell me your graphics card info?

Also I noticed you said 1.7.0, 1.8.0 is available. ( You said you re downloaded the emulator, did you get the latest version [1.8.0])

If not try to get that and let me know if the problem still exists. If so try deleting everything with ePSXe in the name, back up your saves if you wish to keep them then try the suggestion above ( re-downloading the latest version again. )

All in all, let me know all of the things you've tried so we can help you a little better.
    My graphics card is a Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and yes I have tried the newest version, I tried 1.8.0, 1.7.0,1.6.0, and PCSX 1.5.

I deleted everything related to ePSXe even the games off of my computer, and I downloaded the newest version (1.8.0 Starter Pack) from this website and an ISO from here too. the game runs but now instead of just stopping, it now goes to black, but it does do the same thing.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What game and region?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 19:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

When I had my friend helping me yesterday he did a update of my drivers and windows, but it stopped working before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    What game and region?
    Its every game but if you want specifics its
    Armored core
    Armored Core : Project Phatasma
    Armored Core : Master of Arena
    Digimon World 1-3
    Digimon Rumble Arena
    The Unholy War

My region is [U]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 19:27.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try using Pete's soft plugin

Also do not use OpenGL2 at all

If you want to use a 3D plugin use either OpenGL or Direct3D/D3D just not OpenGL2 you need a stronger graphics chip set for OpenGL2

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Try using Pete's soft plugin

Also do not use OpenGL2 at all

If you want to use a 3D plugin use either OpenGL or Direct3D/D3D just not OpenGL2 you need a stronger graphics chip set for OpenGL2
    The soft Pulgin is the one I have been using, and before this new download I was using D3D, and It just flashes black now after it tries to go to the title screen
    Last edited by AmazingWatDaDuk; 10th-February-2013 at 19:42.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm... and you have updated your Graphics chip drivers

Did you do that via the computers official site.. e.g. HP or another place, if it was from an external site even it's from Intel that would cause problems on it's own
    You need to make sure you get the drivers for your actual system rather than just for the chip set, specially if it's a build in chip set rather than a Graphics card

It does sound like your machine is having issues

If it's not drivers ect... it could be an infection of some type on your machine

Another thing to check is hit the Windows key, in the text box you can see type dxdiag
    wait for it to fully load, while it checks your drivers then hit Display to see if it has any issues
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 20:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hmm... and you have updated your Graphics chip drivers

Did you do that via the computers official site.. e.g. HP or another place, if it was from an external site even it's from Intel that would cause problems on it's own
    You need to make sure you get the drivers for your actual system rather than just for the chip set, specially if it's a build in chip set rather than a Graphics card

It does sound like your machine is having issues

If it's not drivers ect... it could be an infection of some type on your machine

Another thing to check is hit the Windows key, in the text box you can see type dxdiag
    wait for it to fully load, while it checks your drivers then hit Display to see if it has any issues

My friend did via the computers official website (HP) yes, and I also tried that dxdiag thing as well and it say there are no issues. How should I go about seeing if it's an infection on my computer?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you have any sort of anti virus software on the machine to start with?

If you have some then use that to do a thorough scan

After the above I recommend you use house call

http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/products...ces/index.html

go there and hit house call

You used to be able to download an offline version as well but currently I can't see it...

EDIT:- Sysclean is what I'm thinking of

http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com...353&lang_loc=1

Both the above come in handy even if you do have antivirus protection to start with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 20:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Do you have any sort of anti virus software on the machine to start with?

If you have some then use that to do a thorough scan

After the above I recommend you use house call

http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/products...ces/index.html

go there and hit house call

You used to be able to download an offline version as well but currently I can't see it...
    I actually have a licensed Trend Micro Titanium and I did a scan and it came up with nothing... I'm doing the house call now
    Last edited by AmazingWatDaDuk; 10th-February-2013 at 20:37.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Impressed that's one of the best there is

... I don't understand what is making your machine mess up so badly then, I would see what restore points you have and roll it back to a date that it was working

That only effects the installed drivers and software installs not documents or downloaded files ect

Quickest way to get to the system Restore is to go to your desktop hit F1 type in System Restore hit enter, hit the top link (System Restore: frequently asked questions) and it will give you the link to open up system restore aswell as tell you what it is
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 20:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Impressed that's one of the best there is

... I don't understand what is making your machine mess up so badly then, I would see what restore points you have and roll it back to a date that it was working

That only effects the installed drivers and software installs not documents or downloaded files ect

Quickest way to get to the system Restore is to go to your desktop hit F1 type in System Restore hit enter, hit the top link (System Restore: frequently asked questions) and it will give you the link to open up system restore aswell as tell you what it is
    Alright I did the system restore that the house call and the scan didnt work, but my files on my desktop are all sorts of messed up?

My problem is fixed I think the culprit is a java update because it was asking me to update right after the system restore Thank you so much! I now know how to fix this if it happens again
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 22:21.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

java updates are safe enough but I'm glad that's fixed now

You will possibly never know what made your system fail to be honest

Don't even know what you are talking about as far as your desktop goes though, a screen grab maybe to show me...

P.S. Double posting is sort of frowned upon in these forums, please use the "Edit Post" feature on the lower right of your posts to add info
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2013 at 22:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

java updates are safe enough but I'm glad that's fixed now

You will possibly never know what made your system fail to be honest

Don't even know what you are talking about as far as your desktop goes though, a screen grab maybe to show me...

P.S. Double posting is sort of frowned upon in these forums, please use the "Edit Post" feature on the lower right of your posts to add info
    Well just there was files on my desktop that i deleted before and some new files were missing but nothing important disappeared so thats all good, and my bad sorry and thanks again for your help.