Thread: nullDC Soul Calibur Glitch

Thanks

Default nullDC Soul Calibur Glitch

When I first played Soul Caliber on nullDC, despite running at half-speed and having horrifically choppy audio, it worked fine. Then for no reason whatsoever, this weird glitch happened when I changed from a different ROM to Soul Calibur; words stopped appearing. It starts off normally and I see the page that says, "Successfully loaded SOULCALIBUR data," but then I get this, which is supposed to be the 50Hz/60Hz/Test screen. The rest, say the options screen from the main menu and the menu options themselves, is visible until you get to here (this is me in practice mode). Names in the pre-battle screen (after character selection) as well as the vs. and Fight! splashes do not appear either. NOTE: They had appeared previously. I started the game under normal conditions and it hasn't worked properly since. If there's any way to fix this, I'd appreciate know how to do so. NullDC doesn't do this with any other ROMs I have.

System Specs:
    CPU: Inspiron N5040, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU, M390 @ 2.67 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz.
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
    Emulator: nullDC 1.0.4
    Plugins: None (as far as I'm aware. Not sure if vmsbrowser.exe qualifies. *noob*)
    Alternate ROM Attempt: No. The rest of the game works fine. This is simply a minor annoyance I'd rather be rid of.
    Alternate Emulator Attempt: No. Chankast doesn't work with my computer and I don't have access to any other emulators.
    Last edited by katgirl28888; 10th-February-2013 at 10:30. Reason: I forgot to put the System/Emulator Information in.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NullDC glitches up if you don't close it down between games, that is a fault with the emulator

Get the NTSC-U version of Soul Callibur instead

I love my Dreamcast
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2013 at 21:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Heh, I actually fixed this by simply re-downloading the ROM. And I do close it between games, it just randomly did that for no obviously discernible reason whatsoever. But it's all good now, aside from the horrible speed issue. But I can live with that.

And I have a working Dreamcast, as well as Soul Calibur, I just don't have a working AV cable (long story short, eBay sucks). I'd be playing it on that instead, if I could.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-February-2013 at 11:51.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So buy an A/V cable or better yet mod the dreamcast to have a VGA port and normal A/V connections (normal A/V so you don't require a Sega A/V wire)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm 15. No job, I live in isolation, so no way to get to a store (or a job), my parents don't trust me, so they won't let me buy something online, and I have no idea where to even begin modding my DC. I'd rather let it sit working with no way to use it than screw with it and have a broken Dreamcast sitting in my room, with still no way to use it. Not here to start a fight, thanks for your help though.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Such a waste, but if you are not good with a soldering iron I guess it is best avoided, if you have used one though to some extent A/V is easy enough (it's just wires) to add VGA is a lil more difficult though as you do need to make a small board.

Impressed you even heard of the Dreamcast let alone have one.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-February-2013 at 14:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

XD I'm a retro gamer all the way. DC, Saturn, N64, the only reason I don't play older systems like Genesis is 'cause I can't get them. And I'd much rather not simply use an emulator for them. I have a Saturn with a broken controller port, but at least I grew up playing it to know how to play the games right (more of a conceptual thing, really). My cousin has an N64, so nothing new there either.

I wouldn't bother with it, to be honest. Like I said, I'd rather have it working and useless. At the same time, I don't know where I'd get parts to mess around with the AV/VGA port in the first place, much less a soldering iron, even if I wanted to.