Thread: Double dvd games in modchipped PS2?

Thanks

Question Double dvd games in modchipped PS2?

Hi everybody! I'm a forum newbie with a semi-important question for the experts here. I have a PS2 Slim modded with a Matrix 1.93 chip, and it works fine for now, but i'd like to try Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, a game that comes in two discs. Here is where my doubt starts.

AFAIK, the Matrix modchip turns itself off after booting, so i suspect that the console will refuse to read the second dvd when the game asks me to insert it. Am i right? And, if i am: could this problem be solved installing a softmod like MCBoot whithout risk of harming the modchip or the console? Or should i make myself to the idea of playing this kind of double dvd games using an emulator?

I guess this question must have been answered here a couple of thousands of times, but as i said before i'm an absolute newbie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure PSX multi disc support existed from Infinity firmware v1.54.
    Don't see why ps2 multi discs wouldn't be supported.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty sure you could just save at the end of the first disc anyways. And then you could just boot up with the 2nd and continue.