Thread: Yet another Dog's Life help thread [PCSX2]

Thanks

Default Yet another Dog's Life help thread [PCSX2]

I've been searching Google for a solution to my problem and it seems like it's pretty common and nobody really has a fix, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I have an NTSC ISO and a PAL ISO and they both have this graphical problem where your character will have patches of random game textures on his model the dirtier he gets. I know it's related to his filth level because jumping in the lake and shaking off fixes the problem for a short time, but it's really annoying and distracting nonetheless.

Apparently this game has a history of not working right since at least 0.9.6 of PCSX2, and the texture glitching used to be a lot worse. I'm currently using 1.1.0 (latest build) and haven't had any problems with any other game.

Another problem I can't get around is the fluctuating framerate. This is the only game that causes it (My computer is capable of running Gamecube/Wii games just fine as well as other PS2 games) and no matter what my settings are, there is never a noticeable speedup.

I realize this is a problem ISO that has lasted for many years but I'd really like to be able to play it again after so many years.

My PCSX2 version is 1.1.0
    System specs:
    http://i.imgur.com/qhNMuYl.png

I hope I was descriptive enough.

Thanks

Seems you have an ok computer for it, if it happens with both NTSC and PAL, there's probably not a fix out,
    I will say to make sure your graphics card is up-to-date, as for the framerate.. If this is the only game that causes your low framerates then I have really no suggestions, just head over to PCSX2 website there is FPS guides on the forums, or if you post your settings here I can help you as best I can. ( Just to be sure your running your FPS at max )
    If you don't have FPS problems with any other game then you probably know the answer to your question.
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    Seems you have an ok computer for it, if it happens with both NTSC and PAL, there's probably not a fix out,
    I will say to make sure your graphics card is up-to-date, as for the framerate.. If this is the only game that causes your low framerates then I have really no suggestions, just head over to PCSX2 website there is FPS guides on the forums, or if you post your settings here I can help you as best I can. ( Just to be sure your running your FPS at max )
    If you don't have FPS problems with any other game then you probably know the answer to your question.
    I did check PCSX2's forums, I guess I'll just have to wait until the creator gets around to making the game compatible with PCSX2, if they ever do, considering I can't imagine it being a very high priority to fix a texture glitch on a game that isn't that popular.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I did check PCSX2's forums, I guess I'll just have to wait until the creator gets around to making the game compatible with PCSX2, if they ever do, considering I can't imagine it being a very high priority to fix a texture glitch on a game that isn't that popular.
    That sucks, sorry you have this experience =s
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!