Thread: Can't get ePSXe to properly run in the resolution I desire.

Thanks

Default Can't get ePSXe to properly run in the resolution I desire.

Hi,

A few minutes ago, I tried to play MGS1 on my emulator but It didn't ran so well (stutters, slowdowns, etc.), I was tampering with the settings untill I gave up on it so I wanted to play another game, Resident Evil 2, but when I try to run in in fullscreen 1600x900, it doesn't really run on that resolution but it runs on a resolution of 800x600 despite being on 1600x900 fullscreen in the settings, previously this wasn't a problem before. I deleted all the files and redownloaded them, I tampered again with the settings but no success. And now I don't know what the problem is.

I'm using ePSXe 1.8.0, with Pete's OPENGL2 Driver 2.9.
    Here are my current settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    GFX card: AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series

Resolution/Color:
    - 1600x900 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
    - Internal X resolution: 1
    - Internal Y resolution: 1
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: on
    - No render-to-texture: —É

- Filtering: 6
    - Hi-Res textures: 2
    - TexWin pixel shader: on
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: off
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 200.0

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 2
    - Framebuffer effects: 3
    - Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: on
    - Shader effects: 0/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 0
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]

Hope someone can help me, thank you.

Thanks

I'd recommend turning your FPS limitation on, it can a lot of times be a problem.
    Also under video settings, configure Pete's OpenGL2 and run color depth on 16 bit may help a bit. ( Some times games look a bit better and bit worse on some, this is my personal opinion. )

You can try to turn your textures down to 0 to see if it helps any, turn compatibility down to 0 ( offscreen drawing ) also the framebuffer effects to 1 and uploads to 0, pretty much run settings on default, see if it helps any, if yes then you can tinker with stuff as you want it. If it doesn't help then post back and let me know.
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    I'd recommend turning your FPS limitation on, it can a lot of times be a problem.
    Also under video settings, configure Pete's OpenGL2 and run color depth on 16 bit may help a bit. ( Some times games look a bit better and bit worse on some, this is my personal opinion. )

You can try to turn your textures down to 0 to see if it helps any, turn compatibility down to 0 ( offscreen drawing ) also the framebuffer effects to 1 and uploads to 0, pretty much run settings on default, see if it helps any, if yes then you can tinker with stuff as you want it. If it doesn't help then post back and let me know.
    Ok, I will try that and let you know.

Ok, I fixed it, I just put everything in the Resolution section on high and it now runs on my pc's resolution, thank you.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 1st-February-2013 at 13:01. Reason: posts merged