Thread: Dreamcast regions burning and windows games

Thanks

Default Dreamcast regions burning and windows games

I see that you're talking about burning downloaded games on CDs and playing them on Dreamcast but can let's say NTSC games be burned in that way that they can be run on PAL systems? And what about that Windows support that Dreamcast has I mean which games made for windows can be played on it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Who are you talking to?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm wut?

I think you need a boot disc to run NTSC games on a Pal system and vice versa. However I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to Windows. Windows games can't be played on a Dreamcast, however if I'm mistaken and you're asking if you can play either region on Windows via an emulator then yes of course. For most games anyaways, there are a few games just don't like running properly on emulators though.

Thanks

well I was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awg3UZs9J_E in which they mentioned that it had/has windows support but now I checked on wikipedia and see that they planed to make it have windows as os but then backed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    well I was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awg3UZs9J_E in which they mentioned that it had/has windows support but now I checked on wikipedia and see that they planed to make it have windows as os but then backed.
    So you were watching a youtube vid, but who were you talking to in the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    I see that you're talking about burning downloaded games on CDs...

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Well I'm talking about all the topics in this subforum that talk about burning games but are all closed for some reason and you have to open a new topic to talk about them.

Thanks
    EP Points

I understand now.
    You're talking to the whole community.

You could've linked to a closed thread in your first post you know, then it may not have seemed so odd

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Dreamcast's Mil-CD compat is region free

PAL Dreamcast hardware supports both 60Hz and 50Hz and most PAL games even have a 60Hz option

No Dreamcast has Windows or support for Windows software it does however have an OS that has Windows CE built into it that some dreamcast games use but that is not a windows platform that will let you use PC windows on the dreamcast or play games made for PC windows

If you use RGB Scart there may be a few problem games but that has little to do with PAL compat and more to do with cable compat

A/V does not have this issue
    VGA is not 100% compatible but has the best picture, for more on VGA see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56169 also has a huge list of english games

For more on the Mil-CD format see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54893

For more on burning Mil-CD images see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...s-with-ImgBurn

There are homebrew ports of PC games/game engines for the Dreamcast though aswell as a ton of emulators

Just to stop any confusion I actually own a PAL Dreamcast and yes it plays anything in Mil-CD format be it NTSC-U NTSC-J Homebrew or emulator all boot up just fine, I use VGA most the time I do have Scart and A/V aswell though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-January-2013 at 13:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OK thanks on the info. Just one curiosity - how come LAN adapter for Dreamcast is so expensive? I mean there doesn't seem one that's less then $100.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because they are really hard to come by so the ones left are going for a silly price because they can, it's been like that for years now

I gave up on one a long time back, to be honest though there is very little online games that can be played now, all official servers have gone and only a few die hard fans have a few homebrew servers running for a select few games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR