Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Megaupload is back!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Hedgehog View Post
    there's a Copyright notice-

https://mega.co.nz/#copyright
    Guess that the new MU isn't as good as it was before now that they are stricter with copyrights like all the rest of the file upload services.

Thanks

they have also been taking down non copy righted material, which made a few headlines (eNews). I wonder if really they aren't' as good as before and if the scare tactics really worked.

Thanks

Yay glad it's back

Thanks

I'm glad they are back, but I'm not sure what that will mean for sharing ISOs for emulated systems. Used to be a quick search found most of any game you were looking for, and now for some of the rarer/less common games it might take a week to find a poorly seeded torrent to be able to get it. I'm cautiously optimistic about MEGA being the new primary uploading site like megaupload used to be.

Thanks
    EP Points

It'll be no different then it is now with how people just link to DLC files that will mask the origin links that just point your downloader to MEGA, If MEGA give's users great download speeds like the old Megaupload did and helps keep the uploader's "safer" from prying eyes with their new encryption methods all I see is good things for the many sharing communities, including this site. If your expecting some public Google like MEGA search engine, then that's just asking for files to get taken down so that probably wont happen/be reliable.

Thanks
    EP Points

After what happened to MU, Mega has to put up that copyright notice and all that scary "anti-piracy" language as a legal "Hold Me Harmless" kinda thing. It places all responsibility for file content squarely on the user, which is really where it was all along. During the big takedown of MU, the US government simply tried to make Kim Dotcom and his staff the "whipping boys", so to speak, because they were easier to reach than millions of Megaupload's users.

Bottom Line: All that Mumbo-Jumbo isn't really anything to worry about.

From what I've been reading on Mega.co.nz's "Help Centre" page, the biggest problems with the site are bugs and glitches when using any other browser except Chrome. I'm not sure if it's been fixed, but apparently certain other browsers that buffer uploads and downloads into memory will crash/stall your up/downloading after a certain amount of data has been transferred. Not really a big deal, but something to be aware of.

More info from the site: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    How do I install MEGA?

You do not need to install anything. MEGA is entirely browser based and works with all current major browsers. To unleash MEGA's full potential, we strongly urge you to use Google Chrome only.

Are there any file size limits on MEGA?

We do not impose artificial limits on file sizes other than your available cloud drive space. However, some legacy or technically inadequate browsers require the entire file to be stored in memory for downloading (Firefox, IE10, Opera), or for both downloading and uploading (IE9, Safari 5).
    When I have more free time, I may try using Mega for an upload, and see how it goes. However, requiring anyone who downloads what I put there to use Chrome when downloading might be a sticking point. I know we have a few Mac users and Windows/Firefox fans here at EP.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chrome isn't required its just recommended, I've downloaded a thing with plane old Firefox without a problem /shrug. Also Chrome comes in portable flavor as well, so it's a much easier pill to swallow then say something like Jdownloader + Java. Oh and MEGA has Firefox users covered anyway with there official Firefox add-on which is suppose to help or whatever.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by WorkNoFun; 12th-February-2013 at 22:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's great! When did this come about?

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone know megaupload preserve old data or not. I really want to know about this.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

What do you mean old data? Like from the old Megaupload? They don't have that, it's not possible for them to.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Mega is pretty cool. I made a couple accounts the day they opened up. I like the free 50GB of cloud storage they give you. The only thing that sucks is that it is always slammed with traffic so you have a hard time connecting kinda like the pirate bay. And... I like that they call the trash the "rubbish bin"
    Last edited by Mailmann006; 16th-February-2013 at 14:37.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice, I hope a lot of people use it

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Megaupload is back!

I Don't use chrome and I don't trust their firefox plugin.
    Besides, my sources say there might be another raid in a few months.

Thanks

If only there were a way to delete all the megauplode links spread across the internet